What type of garment do I need for a tummy tuck?

Can someone please tell me what type of garment is the best one for after a tummy tuck? I need the name and a picture of one I need while healing

Hello, thank you for your question. My patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks.
Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year.
This is a good question to ask your PS. Your PS will have a post-operative plan for you, so I suggest you discuss this with him. Best Wishes!

#TTpostop  #abdominalbinder   #postopplan

Garment to wear after a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

The garment should be comfortable and easy to wear.  If your surgeon is performing muscle tightening as well as skin/fat removal then some support is needed.  I recommend a velcro binder for the first few days (or until the drains come out (this is easy to put on and take off since it is just a wide strap).  After a few days (or when the drains come out) a good surgical garment is worn.  There are so many of these available that your best bet is to work with your surgeon to see which products he or she has had good results with.

Always best to ask your chosen surgeon their preferences! I prefer a velco binder that adjusts. >>>>>>>>>>

Usually a binder that attaches with velcro on the front is best in the early period.  This allows you to deal with any drains and dressings more easily.  Once the drains are removed and incisions healed, a light compression garment that either slips on or clips is recommended. 

Garment post TT

I usually will give my patients an abdominal binder with Velcro and have them wear it for several days.After that I tell them to get a spandex type of garment say for example a girdle or spanx.This will provide support for them.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon