Could I have a Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Hello, I wanted to know if it would it be safe for me to have surgery. I have a very small meningioma at the top back of my head. Watching it, no symptoms. I had my first pregnancy at 15. I have never known what it would be like to have a normal stomach and I always wanted to get it fixed. Is it too late? I have been so embarrassed all my life to show my stomach.

Candidate for tummy tuck?

You are a great candidate for tummy tuck and should have an excellent result.  You would just need to have clearance for surgery with your neurologist, which shouldn't be a problem.

Tummy tuck

First I would recommend getting medical clearance for surgery. Based on your pictures it appears that you would benefit from a tummy tuck. The combination of rectus plication (tightening your muscles) and removing the excess skin should give you a nice result. Good luck!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Could I have a Tummy Tuck?

Hi. If you are otherwise healthy and receive. A medical clean ace there are no clear contraindications to undergo a tummy tuck.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers . Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck, Dr. PG

Could I have a tummy tuck?

If you get medical clearance from the doctors who have been keeping track of your meningioma, you will be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Start with speaking to your primary care physician and neurologist then make an appointment to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Could I have a tummy tuck?

Providing you have clearance from your primary care doctor and the neurosurgeon following your meningioma you should be a good candidate for abdominal recontouring. It is difficult to tell by looking at your photographs what type of procedure would be best for you. If you have loose skin and stretch marks you are very likely a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.Very commonly in the performance of a tummy tuck liposuction is also performed. It is possible to use this excess fat to perform a Brazilian Butt Lift at the same time. The combination of these 2 procedures could  provide a very dramatic change for you.. It will be very important for you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is trained and experienced in all forms of abdominal recontouring. Good luck.

For a simple and illustrated explanation of tummy tuck and body contouring procedures, watch my video.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Could I have a Tummy Tuck?

About the Meningioma you need to consult your neurologist before planing having plastic surgery done, he may give the plastic surgeon some advise.

I believe you are a good candidate for Tummy Tuck with Liposculpture and Fat Transfer to Buttocks or "Brazilian Butt Lift", if you hemoglobin levels are minimum 13 grams, and your general health is good.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Too late for tummy

No I think if you get medical clearance and are in good health you should be able to proceed and I think get a good result.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Could I have a Tummy Tuck?

YES you can have a full TT with 1 liter Liposuction in office surgery setting. Hopefully in a 'private practice' Plastic Surgeon's office. Also I would require a full medical/neuro clearance in writing before doing your surgery. 

Tummy tuck?

Hello and thank you for your question. No it is not too late for you to consider a tummy tuck provided that you're in good health.  Combined with liposuction, a tummy tuck can give you  a flatter abdomen Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck to you. 

Could I have a Tummy Tuck?

From your photos- it appears that you are a good candidate for abdominoplasty ( tummy tuck)- it's a great procedure that will remove your excess skin and fat from the abdominal region and tighten your muscles. You would need to obtain a medical clearance from your neurologist prior to your surgery. For more info about tummy tuck you can view this link: