Tummy tuck and stretch marks?

I am 21 years old and in my teenage years I did a massive weight lose and I have strechmarks on my belly. Is so ugly especially for young girl. I have a bit losen skin as well but its not that bad. Can a tummy tuck remove my stretchmarks with the skin?

Tummy Tuck and Stretch Marks

A tummy tuck may be able to eliminate some of your stretch marks with the elimination of excess skin. This ultimately depends on the location and size of the stretch marks. A consultation with a board-certified tummy tuck surgeon will allow an individual plan to be created for you to map out whether this is a possibility.

Dr. Jonathan Berman

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Stretch Marks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Jonathan Berman

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Stretch Marks and Tummy Tuck

Stretch marks occur as skin collagen and elastin change due to sustained pressure against the skin, commonly in response to weight gain and pregnancy.  Unfortunately,  there is no treatment that reliably removes stretch marks, unless the skin with the marks is actually removed.  Therefore, if your stretch marks are in an area of excess skin that will be removed in a tummy tuck, then they will be gone, but any marks above that area will remain.  However, I have found that even the remaining stretch marks are often less noticeable due to the firming/tightening of the skin after the surgery.  Also, if your stretch marks are darker pink/red as opposed to pale, then a laser might help lighten them.

Stretch Marks and Tummy Tuck

Stretch Marks- Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Stretch marks are common for young men and women regardless of massive weight gain, also that certainly can increase them. A Tummy Tuck procedure would remove a portion of skin below the belly button. If you have stretch marks there they would be gone. Often, over time stretch marks fade and become much less visible. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to be examined and discuss your goals/concerns. They will make recommendations based on your consultation and let you know what your best options are.

All the best

Stretch Marks- Tummy Tuck

All the best

Tummy tuck and stretch marks?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.  Generally, stretch marks below the umbilicus are removed with tummy tuck surgery; stretch marks above the  umbilicus are not. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck and stretch marks?

Tummy tuck and stretch marks?

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. A tummy tuck can significantly improve the appearance of stretch marks especially below your belly button. Unfortunately, stretch marks above the belly button will most likely not be removed.  I would recommend consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. 

Tummy tuck and stretch marks?

Some stretch marks removed with tummy tuck

Congratulations on losing so much weight! Some stretchmarks can be removed with a tummy tuck as long as they’re located below your belly button and you have enough loose skin that can be removed. If you have stretch marks above your belly button or on your sides, a tummy tuck will most likely not remove them.

Tummy tuck and stretch marks

A tummy tuck will take care of the excess skin and any stretch marks you may have from the belly button down.  If there's any stretch marks above the belly button those unfortunately will stay.  But you will have a flatter firmer abdomen.   

Tummy tuck and stretch marks

Tummy tuck will remove much of skin with stretch marks

A full tummy tuck removes all of the loose excess skin from the belly button down to the incision in the bikini line. This is typically where most stretch marks are located. Any stretch marks above the belly button will likely remain but be relocated to a position just above the bikini line scar. It sounds like this is most likely the procedure that would be best to flatten your abdomen, and to get rid of the excess skin and stretch marks. It will be necessary to come for a consultation to confirm.Thank you for your question. 

Massive Weight Loss Followed by a Tummy Tuck

A tummy tuck with muscle tightening is not recommended for women until they are finished having children, however it may be possible to have a tummy tuck that removes excess skin and will remove stretch marks that are below the navel. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will be able to tell you what your options are. Good luck!

Tummy tuck and stretch marks?

Maybe but posting photos helps us respond with a better idea fr you. Best to seek only in person opinions.

Tummy tuck and stretch marks?