Tummy tuck for stretch marks? (Photo)

I'm considering a tummy tuck to get rid of my stretch marks. I know the ones above my belly button will not go away, but will they A- be moved down to a lower location, so they are only an inch or two above my belly button and can be hidden by high shorts or B- remain stretched across my entire belly?

Stretch marks

Hello dear, thanks for your question, when you decide to have a tummy tuck to removed the stretch marks you need to know that the ones that are in your lower abdomen it will removed, but the ones that are upper abdomen will be pulled down to the lower abdomen. I suggest to go trough a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation. Good luck and best wishes :)

Tummy tuck for stretch marks

Hi, kimmieann

Tummy tuck is performed to remove excess lower abdominal skin/fat and to tighten the core muscle to give you a better contour.  The stretch marks on your lower abdomen will be removed; the ones in upper abdomen will be pulled down to the lower abdomen.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated for your candidacy for tummy tuck.
Best regards.

Stretch marks and TT

Yes this is a good approach for stretch marks BELOW your belly button.The stretch marks above the belly button will be moved down so you may beĀ  a good candidate for this procedure.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for stretch marks?

Thank you for your question and photos! I hope that these answers help! Tummy tuck is an excellent method for shaping the belly and create a flatter and sculpted abdomen after the procedure. Looking at your photos, I do believe that you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure in order to remove the excess skin/soft tissue of your lower abdomen and contour the areas of your belly and remove nearly all of the stretch marks from your pubis to just above your belly button.  A  continued healthy and active lifestyle will be needed in order to maintain the benefits that the procedure has given to you. 

Once you are ready for the procedure, I would likely recommend a full tummy tuck with abdominal wall tightening along with some liposuction to the hips/flanks for additional contouring. You should consult with a plastic surgeon at anytime to go over options and then likely return once you have achieved your ideal weight in order to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right for you. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Stretch marks

It is difficult to say "how low", especially without being able to examine you and actually get a feel for how elastic (or not) your upper abdominal skin is. We evaluate three areas when considering abdominal contouring - skin, fat and muscle. Our exact recommendations/techniques depend on which we are trying to improve along with the various trade offs.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Tummy tuck for stretch marks?

You have posted this stretch mark/TT issue now 4 times, with different responses from the experts. I still recommend your best route is in person examinations & discussions with private prosecute boarded PSs in MIAMI. 

Tummy tuck candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In this regard, I recommend you a Tummy Tuck  to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Will my stretch marks be hidden?

I typically counsel patients that the stretch marks above the belly button will be relocated downwards towards the new scar. High shorts should be able to cover most of the stretch marks. If your stretch marks are much higher to begin with (ie near your breast bone) then it may not be hidden with shorts. Based on the pictures you have provided, most of the marks should be covered, however, I do see a few that may still be evident even with certain garments you might be wearing. Good luck

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon