Would I need tummy tuck or liposculpture/liposuction? (Photos)

Good morning all. I have a schedule doctors appointment on Sep but I am not sure what i would need tummy tuck or liposculpture/liposuction. Please help I am anxious to know what is a doctors point of view. Also which option would work best to eliminate the belly buldge

Tummy tuck or lipo

great question.   There are certainly some people who are better candidates for just lipo as opposed to tummy tuck.  It also depends on your goals...if you are looking for curvy, that is liposculpture...if you are looking for tight and maximal belly reduction, than usually tummy tuck with liposuction is way to go. An evaluation with your surgeon followed by a thoughtful conversation should help you decide which way to go.
best of luck on your journey

Plantation Facial Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 18 hours ago

Tummy Tuck

Excellent question.

You definitely need a liposuction to give you a better shape, but you do have a diastase of the rectus abdominal do to your pregnancy and we will need to correct that flaccidity. This can be done through a mini tummy tuck.

Manelic Mejia Lopez, MD

Last contacted 14 hours ago

You do not have enough skin for a tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction. This will flatten the abdomen and sculpt the waist and the thighs.  Your skin looks tight and should respond well.  

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Tummy tuck vs. lipo

Hi There, The answer is it depends on your expectations. If you want to be as flat as possible and have the best results and you are willing to have the incision from hip to hip and a two week down time..then a tummy tuck is the way to go.  If you want quicker recovery ....and small little incisions...then liposculture will work nicely as well.   You need a good in office exam to check your skin elasticity. While it is very nice to have the advice of a dermatologist and a facial plastic surgeon here on this thread...I would suggest you see of a real Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for an in office consultation.   Look for lots of pics and I am sure you will do very well. Good luck.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Last contacted 1 day ago

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. You would benefit from a SculpSure procedure, as it can vanquish up to 25% of that difficult and stubborn subcutaneous belly and flank fat in a relaxing 25-minute in-office procedure by emitting a laser to the deeper part of your fat while creating a warm and pleasant feeling on the surface of your skin. Always consult with a board certified facial surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 days ago

Would I need tummy tuck or liposculpture/liposuction?

Desteny360,Based on your photos, it appears that your skin elasticity is excellent. In this case, tumescent liposuction alone should provide you with excellent results. Best,Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Last contacted 8 hours ago

Dr Derby

I would recommend a Tummy Tuck together with lipo all around  to give you great results . Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Last contacted 8 hours ago

Hello Dear, Thank you so much for your question and your photos.After see them you are a good candidate to Tummy Tuck, this procedure is indicate for  those women who have a relatively good shape but are concerned about the accumulation of fat or excess skin in the abdomen and does not improve despite diet or exercise. This surgery is especially useful in women who have had multiple pregnancies, after which the skin and abdominal muscles are relaxed and have not recovered their initial tone. It can also best loss of elasticity of the skin in older people, a situation often associated with moderate obesity.That is why for these procedures done ideally attend cosmetic surgery clinics serious, professional and guaranteed, request an appointment valuation and professional plastic surgeon.
Best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

Last contacted 2 months ago

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Last contacted 3 hours ago

Lipo and BBL, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Last contacted 36 minutes ago