Will I need a tummy tuck or will Lipo suffice? What are other alternatives other than a TT for this issue? (Photo)

Will I need a tummy tuck or will Lipo suffice? I have stretch marks from 2 pregnancies as that is not the issues, my skin is somewhat loose but not extremely loose. What are other alternatives other than a TT for this issue?

Tummy Tuck or Lipo

A tummy tuck, or "full" tummy tuck addresses three concerns:
  1. skin (loose skin, stretch marks)
  2. fat (excess fat tissue)
  3. muscle (abdominal muscle separation)
A dermolipectomy is a procedure best suited for women who have wrinkly or excess skin, but good muscle tone.

Liposuction would address excess fat tissue, but not loose skin or muscle separation.

A mini tummy tuck is best suited for women who don't have stretch marks or saggy skin, but have a minor pouch below the belly button.

Based on your photos, you would likely be a candidate for a full tummy tuck - depending on the final results you are after, of course.

Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific case, your desired outcome, your concerns with considering a tummy tuck, and what other options might be available to help you reach your goals.

Best wishes!

Will I need a tummy tuck or will Lipo suffice? What are other alternatives other than a TT for this issue?

Hi.  You have damaged your abdominal skin beyond repair as evidenced by the multiple stretch marks present. This frequently occurs with being pregnant and overweight.  You are a candidate for a tummy tuck and not any form of liposuction.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in tummy tucks and liposuction. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications. You owe this to your family.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Good luck,

Dr. PG

Tummy tuck

You have loose skin, stretch marks and excess fat . You would be a candidate for a tummy tuck. 

A tummy tuck tuck removes excess skin and fat and tightens the tummy muscles . 

I invented the MALIBU tummy tuck. This gives a very natural looking tummy and belly button . In addition pain and recovery are significantly less versus traditional techniques. It is not uncommon for patients to take only Tylenol for pain after surgery.

for more information please watch the enclosed video. I hope you find this information useful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck

Based on your photos alone you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hello

Thanks for the question, By what I see in the picture ill definitely incline for a tummy tuck for you, since you have a bit of flaccidity in your abdomen and with only lipo it will not suffice.

Best of Lucks.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Tummy tuck

Liposuction deflates the envelope, the envelope being skin.  With your multiple stretch marks, your skin will, in all likelihood not contract and recontour without redundancy.

Therefore, liposuction is the way to go.

Good luck.

Liposuction alleviated with more loose skin and is not a good option.  Your best option is most likely to lose weight until you have loose skin and then have a tummy tuck.  For the best result he should have a BMI, body mass index less than 30.

Diet and exercise, non surgical options of cold, RF therapies (very limited results over vast time intervals). Aggressive superficial layered liposuction might improve. BUT A FULL TT best way!!!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!