Is my Tummy Tuck Incision healing normally? (photos)

I'm 3 weeks post-op. Do my Tummy tuck incision look like its healing as it should? I noticed my skin around my belly button and the side of my incision is very dry, and seemed to be peeling or flaky. Is that normal? I've been very paranoid during my healing stages and don't want any complications. I know how important it is to care for a Tummy tuck incision. I just want to make sure I'm healing normally. Thank you to all the doctors that answers my question.

Tummy incision

From your photos I think all is well.It is normal to have some dry skin.Massage will help smooth it out.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hea;ing

From your pictures, it seems like everything is healing ok.  But when in doubt, call your PS office just for a quick wound check.  That way you'll be reassured that everything is OK.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Is my Tummy Tuck Incision healing normally?

Thank you for writing and sending your photos. For 3 weeks the incisions appear to be healing well although it is hard to tell by just looking at the photographs. It appears that you are concerned and you may have a good reason to be concerned. It is just hard to differentiate between discoloration from a problem and discoloration from the adhesive left over from the tapes. I would strongly recommend seeing your surgeon for a follow up examination to make sure you are doing fine.

Gurmander Singh Kohli, MD, FACS

I would recommend to ONLY listen to your chosen doctor as to there progress of your TT incision......

Yes, it looks like your incision is healing fine. You can use petroleum jelly or vit E cream to reduce the dryness. Massaging the scar with silicon gel cream or using silicon gel sheets , in consultation with your surgeon , can be started after sutures have healed completely.

Priti Shukla, Mch
India Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and your photographs. From the pictures you appear to be healing just fine. The incision appears at it does since you are early in the healing process. In the initial phase after surgery, within the first three months, there is a period of inflammation and scarring that must occur in order for you to heal. During the following months these processes will subside and the inflammatory process gives way to scar softening and remodeling. It is during this time that you will start to see your results appear. I tell my patients that they will not see their final results for at least to 6 months. I recommend to be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. This will allow you and your surgeon the chance to discuss your concerns and help allay any anxieties you may be experiencing.

I hope this helps. Good luck.