Would I need a Tummy Tuck in order to get good BBL results. I don't have kids, planning on losing 20lbs before surgery. (photo)

5"2 190lbs planning on losing 20lbs before surgery.would I have saggy skin after lipo.I do have stretch marks on my tummy. How many cc would you i need to have a natural look

Would I need a Tummy Tuck in order to get good BBL results. I don't have kids, planning on losing 20lbs before surgery.

Good plan for the weight loss prior to surgery. As of right now, your current Body Mass Index (BMI) is 34.7. I prefer patients to be closer to a BMI of 30 or under prior to having cosmetic surgery to decrease the risk of complications such as wound healing problems, infections, and blood clots, etc. Safety first! It is difficult to answer your question without an in-person examination but I would guess that (based on photographs alone) you will probably need a tummy tuck or mini-tummy tuck after liposuction to remove the leftover excess skin. Many times after weight loss or removal of a large volume of fat with liposuction, there is residual hanging skin and stretch marks that need to be removed for a more aesthetically pleasing look.  I would suggest making sure you schedule consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons with experience in body contouring and BBL. Good luck!

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

BBL with tummy tuck

Hello! Thanks for the question. You are a good candidate for a Brazillian butt lift. However, weight loss prior to the surgery would be ideal in your case. Its a little difficult to opine wether you need a TT going by the view you have posted. You might do well with liposuction of the abdomen, flanks & back for contouring & fat harvest. There is a possibility of having loose skin following lipo in case you have stretch marks. 

In my opinion,in your case, it would be best NOT to combine a TT with a BBL at the moment (even if feasible) as liposuction alone could yield a satisfactory result. Secondly, positioning after a TT with BBL is very difficult and cumbersome for the patient. This could result in loss of transferred fat (the prone position serves the patient best post op). Thirdly, you have yet to plan a family and pregnancy would to an extent undo the gains of a tummy tuck.

All the best in your quest!

Hi and thanks for your question. I feel you would be a god candidate fo a BBL. Howver, I would not perform the tummy tuck and BBL at the same tme.

I am not in the camp that advocate doing both (tummy tuck and BBL) at the same time. Think about it, When fat is transferred to the buttocks, the fat cells need all of the oxygen possible in order to survive. Fat transfers (BBL) require a rich oxygen environment in order to attempt the highest rate of surviavl of the fat cells. We recommend that our patients do not place any significant pressure on their butts for 4-6 weeks following the BBL.

If you have a Tummy tuck and BBL done at the same time, how are you going to avoid lying on your back, face up when the tummy tuck prevents you from lying face down? I recommend that the BBL be done first to utilize the abdominal fat which would otherwise be discarded with the tummy tuck. After a minimum of three months , the patient is brought back and the TT is performed.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Good luck Dr. PG

TT and BBL

The effort to be at a weight closer to what you desire is commendable.  Your best bet is to be evaluated face to face by a Plastic Surgeon in your region. In observing your photos your fatty stores will be sufficient, when harvested and in combination with liposuction contouring, in the hands of a Plastic surgeon who performs BBL's, to give a good result. As long as that Plastic surgeon address the abdominal skin fat apron which is an issue with or without the loss of an additional lbs. This means I think an abdominoplasty (TT), would be integral to an appropriate outcome. Not all Plastic surgeons perform a BBL and abdominoplasty at the same sitting. I therefore reiterate that you should visit your local PlasticSurgeon to examine you and make decision regarding surgery.

Would I need a Tummy Tuck in order to get good BBL results. I don't have kids, planning on losing 20lbs before surgery

Your BMI is a little high. Weight loss prior to any surgical procedure is recommended in this case.
I do not recommend having Abdominoplasty and BBL at the same time- as the recovery process is contradictory 

A tummy tuck would probably help address the skin on the tummy.  Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Weight loss before BBL

I think a 20 pound weight loss would be great before surgery. I also think a tummy tuck at the same time as the BBL is a fine idea. Your buttocks would be highlighted by having a flatter tummy. Also I think it would induce a further weight loss. The amount of fat needed varies and is best left up to the surgeon. Good luck
Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

You should lose your weight first and then undergo surgery. You may be able to have both the TT and the BBL at the same time. But first you need to be examined. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL and tummy tuck for best results

Thanks for your question and for sharing your photos.  I do recommend both a tummy tuck and a BBL procedure for you.  Do the tummy tuck first, then do the BBL about 3 months later for best results.  Think of the BBL as the "icing on the cake" to add the finishing touches of more contouring after the tummy tuck.  I recommend about 800-1,000 cc per side fat grafting for best results.

Weight Loss Before Tummy Tuck

Good thinking!  Absolutely - it is best to finish all weight loss prior to surgery.  The closer you are to your ideal body weight before surgery, the better your results will be in the long run.  Losing 20 lbs on your 5'2" frame will change your body fat distribution and measurements significantly.  It is best to lose your weight first, then have your examination by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon