What is best for me a Tummy tuck or a body lift ?

I am 27 years old I workout regularly and I weigh 200lbs at 5'11 1/2 I'm fairly fit but from my belly button to my pubic area it's loose skin and soft. I'm now in the process of dieting again in order to reach my goal weight of 178. What will be best for me in this sense?

TT vs Body lift

Thank you for your question. If you have loose skin to abdomen, hips and buttock area body lift is better. Please wait till you get to your goal weight and consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Body lift vs tummy tuck

The best procedure for you depends on how much loose skin you have once you reach your goal weight. If your loose skin is limited to your lower abdominal area then a tummy tuck may be sufficient. If your loose skin extends all over your torso, lower back and gluteal area, then a body lift may be best. Consult with a few experienced plastic surgeons for a thorough exam in person to see what surgical plan best suits your anatomy.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Photos would be helpful to give specific advice. However, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck

If you have excess skin, then a tummy tuck would likely be the best procedure for you.  A body lift that involves a circumferential excision of skin would be indicated in patients that experience significant weight loss, 100 lbs or more.  This does not seem like the procedure for you.  Best wishes, Dr T. 

Belly options

Thank you for your question. It is hard to make a determination without seeing any photos. If you have laxity to the skin your best result will be skin tightening of some sort, liposuction will not do anything to tighten the skin. I would suggest posting photos for a better answer to your question.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon