Is it possible to have a tummy tuck or bbl done along with a c-section?

Is it possible to have a tummy tuck or bbl done along with a c-section??

Tummy tuck or BBL with a C-section? No.

I would not recommend either procedure at the time of a C-section. First of all, the focus of a C-section is on the health and well-being of both mother and child, not on cosmetic appearance. A tummy tuck is performed many months to years after pregnancy to address the excess skin that post-pregnancy weight loss cannot. Combining a tummy tuck with a hysterectomy (depending on the indications for the hysterectomy) is common, but this is a completely different set of circumstances. In my opinion, no ethical surgeon would combine a tummy tuck or fat transfer with a C-section.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

While these combined surgical procedures have been performed together, most experienced ethical plastic surgeons feel that this is a bad combination of surgical procedures to undergo at the same time. There is an increased risk of bleeding, infection, deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and subsequent pulmonary embolism with this specific combination.
Robert Singer, MD  FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

No. In my opinion, to have cosmetic Surgery including a fat transfer at the same time you're delivering a baby - is a bad idea. The primary goal of the C-section is to deliver a healthy baby and the safety of the baby and the Mother. The tummy Tuck and the fat transfer create more risks than are acceptable at that time.

Ttuck & Csx

That is not a good idea. There is FAR too much change that would be occurring afterwards to invest in doing this surgery at that time. In addition, there is increased risk of complications. The combination makes it something that no reasonable surgeon would consider.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

I do not recommend that you do that.

It is not recommended to have cosmetic surgery with a c-section. The health risks are too high, especially with the procedure that you desire to have. I recommend waiting 6 months to 1 year after your pregnancy and letting your body return to its pre-pregnancy shape .I hope this helps.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck, BBL and C-section

Thank you for your question. I'll admit, this is the first time I've encountered such a question.  I don't believe any surgeon would say that this is a good idea. Tummy tucks and BBL can be combined with other GYN procedures such as a hysterectomy. To get the best result from a tummy tuck after a pregnancy, the uterus needs to shrink back down to pre pregnancy size. Not possible at the time of a C-section. Also, after a C-section, you have a little life to take care of. This is just not a good idea. Best wishes,