Had a tummy tuck 8/30/16. How long should I wait between surgeries, if I'm considering saline breast implants surgery? (Photo)

I do not want a breast lift, but would consider a crescent lift. I do have asymmetry, the right is fuller than the left it also points down. I do not want porn star boobs, I just want to be proportioned with the rest of my body. I'm only 5 ft tall with a very petite torso. There is only about 3 1/2 inches from my rib to hip bone. From what I've seen online, I believe that a 375-425cc moderate plus or high profile, saline implant would suit my body nicely. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Time Between Scheduling Various Cosmetic Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.

I would encourage you to wait at least 3 months

For my patients, I would encourage you to wait at least 3 months after a tummy tuck. This will give your body enough time to get the good majority of the healing done from that procedure. You are still swollen significantly from your tummy tuck and if you are trying to pick the ideal size for your implants, this will best be done when the full results of your tummy tuck are revealed as the swelling subsides. Best of luck!

How long to wait between surgeries?

Thank you for your question. The time between surgeries will depend on the healing. If you heal quickly you could have the breast surgery done in as little as 6 weeks. If you take a bit longer to heal from your tummy tuck then you should probably wait from 3 to 6 months. Make sure you follow your surgeon instructions for a good recovery and get his clearance for the next surgery. An in person cnsultation will be the best way to determine the right size of implants for your breasts.  Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion. It's key to work with a board certified surgeon that you trust! Best of luck!

Staged mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  As long as you heal well from your surgery, you may consider the next procedure at least 3 months later.  As far as the implants go, get the opportunity to try on different implant sizers to get a better idea of the look that you want.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Surgery timing

Congratulations on your recent surgery! You can safely have your next surgery anywhere from 6-12 weeks after your tummy tuck as long as you are well healed. 

Discuss your implant choice and outcome desires with your surgeon. The person in the photo is 5'8" and you list yourself as 5'0" tall. Implant size needs to be selected based on height and weight, current breast size, and desired outcome. So to get the same look as the woman in the photo, you will most likely need a smaller implant. Also, you might need a lift but this is difficult to tell from your pictures. Your surgeon will know how to best advise you.

Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - when to have saline implants

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• Usually one wants to wait 3 months after a tummy tuck befoer having more done.
  • You can have it done as early as six weeks if you are fully recovered.
  • You will need a personal examination to help guide your choice of implants -
  • It is hard to tell from the photos if a crescent lift will correct your nipple position nicely. 
  • As for the implant, for most women your size, a 375 implant would be very large - but every woman is different in her shape, tissues, measurements and the look she wants, 
  • The attached video will guide you in choosing the right implant.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

When to Have Breast Augmentation After Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting at least 3 months before having another procedure. This would allow you to heal from your tummy tuck before undergoing breast surgery. The longer you wait, the more complete your healing will be from the first procedure. I recommend discussing your implant size with your board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure he/she can achieve the look you want with the best treatment outcomes. 

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months between procedures.  This will allow your body adequate time to heal and recover.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Had a tummy tuck 8/30/16. How long should I wait between surgeries, if I'm considering saline breast implants surgery?

In general, 2 to 3 months is adequate time for you to have properly healed from her tummy tuck. It also allows time between having general anesthesia to quickly and increasing your risk for complications. The only person's opinion that matters most, is the surgeon who is going to operate on you.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your photos and the question. It is best to wait 6 months post op before having another surgery done. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD