Rejecting Tummy Tuck Suture?

When I had my first breast lift I believeI my body rejected the suture material and my surgeon used something different the next time around...I'm now going to another surgeon in the Dominican Republic for a tt and I'm concerned about the stitches...I guess my question is whether the materials for the two procedures is the same and should I be concerned?

Tummy Tuck And Suture Related Problems?

Given your concerns, best to try to retrieve your past  operative report;  your next plastic surgeon may be able to avoid using previously used sutures.

Rejecting sutures

Some people do not tolerate certain sutures. It would be best to get your first OP note or contact your surgeon's office to find out what was used. There are enough different types of sutures that you next surgeon might be able to avoid using the ones that you had a problem with.

Rejecting Tummy Tuck Suture?

Nobody but your surgeons will know what suture material was used and will be used. I would be concerned because of your past history and the fact that you are planning to leave the country for surgery. All the best. 

Suture material of any type can create minor wound healing issues.

Any suture material as a foreign body which the human body will try to dispose of. This can lead to minor wound issues and may even require a procedure to extricate the suture material.

Rejecting sutures.

The simplest way to prevent the use of a particular suture is to obtain the operative reports from the procedure you had difficulty with. You can then bring this information to your new surgeon.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Suture rejection

I don't know if it rejection or just alot of reaction.any suture is a foreign body and your body will react to it.Your surgeon could try soemthing maybe less reactive such as nylon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Suture rejection after TT

The sutures can be the same but there are alternatives.

Check the type of suture used for your breast lift with your original surgeon and ask your new surgeon to use something different.

Probable infected suture knots and not rejection of a suture material

It is very unusual to reject suture material but it can sometimes become infected.  Once a suture knot becomes infected a wound can continue to drain until it is removed.  Without old records it would not be possible to determine what type of suture was used on your original surgery and if changing would make any difference.  You may want to consider that if you had problems on the first surgery you may need extended medical care after your second surgery. With your surgeon out of the country this may be something to consider.