Do I have tuberous breasts? (Photos)

Will i be able to breastfeed if i got pregnant?

Tuberous Breasts

Your photos show a variation of tuberous breasts.  There is a wide spectrum and many variations of appearance within this condition.  Generally, your breast tissue develops not in a symmetrical round shape but in a more narrow, constricted area centered behind the nipple/areola causing forward bulging of the areola.  Also, the breast often lacks adequate fullness in any of the 4 sides of the breast, along with tight skin creating flattening in these areas.  My approach is to plan a surgery that usually includes placement of a breast implant to create rounded fullness in all 4 sides and increased volume, a reduction of the size and protrusion of the nipple/areola, along with a slight lift if needed.  Often, we need to rearrange your narrow breast tissue to spread it out more symmetrically.  This standard approach is performed as outpatient surgery under generall anesthesia and achieves nice results.

Tuberous breast represents a gamut

Tuberous breast represents a gamut of possible anatomic configurations with those with constricted breast having the most minimal issues and those with wider breast spacing and greater constriction having more difficult anatomies to overcome. Breast augmentation with areolar manipulation will likely yield the best results. 

Do I have tuberous breasts and can I Breast feed?

Thanks for your photo and question. Based on your photos, it does appear that you have tuberous breasts--the lower poles of your breasts are under-developed. Several surgical options were suggested to you by other surgeons and I agree with them. You question however, was about breast feeding. It might be more challenging for you to breast feed, but you should be able to do it. Women who have minimal breast tissue, have more of a challenge producing milk. I suggest you speak with a lactation consultant after you get pregnant and a board certified plastic surgeon if you ever wanted to discuss surgical treatment. All the best!

Sean T. Doherty, MD, FACS

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it appears that you have tuberous breasts with herniated areolas and a constricted lower pole.  Generally, treatment for this involves breast implants, release of the lower pole, reduction of the areola and a resulting scar around the areola border (donut).  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts.

Hello, thanks for your question, as i can see in your pictures you have tuberous breast, that condition doesn't affect the breastfeed. you can also make a breast augmentation with implant yo reshape your breast and it wont affect either the breastfeed. have a nice day!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Tuberous breasts

There is not much to be gained by labeling someone with tuberous breasts.  An operative plan should be developed based on your anatomy.  Whether that is breast implantation, lift or reduction, symmetrization or some combination of procedures, there is no particular point in stigmatizing your breast shape.  A properly trained, skilled and ethical plastic surgeon can develop a plan based on your anatomy and give you the outcome that you desire.  I see absolutely no point in diagnosing someone with tuberous breasts or restricted base deformity.  Stigmatizing a young person can have an effect on the way they perceive the outcome, even if it is outstanding.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast correction advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a underveloped and mild tubular Breast. 
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.

There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.

Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Do I have tuberous breast shaped breasts?

Yes you do, but please be aware that this is a common shape that you share with many women.  I have corrected many tuberous breast shapes over the years, with the combination of a circumareolar breast incision( donut mastopexy) in addition to adding the very beneficial teardrop gummy bear implants placed partially under the muscle to all the breasts.  As all experienced, board certified Plastic Surgeons would acknowledge, however, a full examination in the office would add further opportunities  to offer recommendations to you that hopefully lead to a beautiful result.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast

It appears from the photos you do have tuberous breast deformity. You can have this corrected with use of a lift and implant. An implant alone will likely not completely correct the deformity, but is sometimes possible. A consultation and physical exam would more clearly delineate what exactly you would need.

Nathan Eberle, MD, DDS
Weston Physician

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Yes, you appear to have some degree of tuberosity. If you wish to improve the appearance of your breasts - i would consider a Crescent Lift with Glandular sparing technique with  Bilateral Breast Augmentation (Silicone Implants). 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD