What is the best treatment to remove veins on eyelids and under eyes? (Photo)

I have large veins on my eyelids and smaller ones under the eyes. What is my best option to remove them? I have read about laser treatment but which kind should I use? Is laser safe to try on this area? I am concerned that my vision might be affected if something goes wrong. Is there something else that could help other than laser? Also about 2 months ago I got fillers under my eyes because I had some hollowing, will the laser "melt" the filler?

Laser Vein Removal May Be the Treatment for You

Eye vein treatment is a delicate process, but there are a few different techniques that would work well. Laser vein removal would be effective. Be sure to discuss the procedure with your physician to learn more about the risks.

Fenton Dermatologist

Around eye veins

There are may alternatives to treat around eye veins depending on the size and location of the veins.  From the posted pictures I would treat those veins with a combination of sclerotherapy and fine needle radio frequency (Ellman).  I have had excellent results with this combination but several sessions may be necessary.  Laser, veinwave and VeinGogh may also work. There should be no visual problems if the procedure is done by an experienced physician.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Eyelid veins

Eyelid veins can be challenging.  It is also essential that the eye is properly protected during treatment.  A 1064nm laser may work well for those veins.  Since they are within the area of the eye socket, you will need to see a provider who uses corneal shields to protect the eye.  They are like a contact lens that sits on the eye during treatment and protects the eye from the laser.