Tip too high? (photos)

Hello, I had a rhinoplasty yesterday with a cartilage graft from my ear into my tip. They reason for this was that I barely had cartilage support on my tip before and it would droop. Now, I'm afraid that it is way too high. Is it just the swelling or should I be worried?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Tip too high after rhinoplasty

You cannot make any assessments of a result one day after rhinoplasty.  In fact, it will be months before the swelling of the tip starts to subside.  You will need to exert patience in the upcoming months and keep close follow up visits with your surgeon as the nose heals.  The tip will undergo many changes as it heals in the coming months after rhinoplasty.  

Nasal tip after rhinoplasty

thank you for your picture! i think it is safe to say that 1 day after surgery is extremely early to tell.  at this point, not only do you have swelling, but also the tip is being supported by the cast and surrounding tape.  do not be discouraged - follow your doctors post operative regimen and look forward to next week when the cast comes off and the big reveal happens.  remember, any questions you have please feel free to contact your operating surgeon as they know exactly what maneuvers were performed during the surgery.  enjoy your new nose! i hope you heal fast and feel better!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip too high?

Seriously! NO WAY to respond if less than 24 hrs from surgery! Best to allow at least 3 to 6 months healing than decide. Best to discuss with your operative surgeon.....

Rhinoplasty

At 1 day, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years.  You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD