Is the right time to go under surgery again?

I'm 27 yes old and I had a baby in jun 2015 by C- section and by september 2 I went to the emergency room and had another surgery gallbladder laparoscopy and Dec 4 I had another one tubes tied laparoscopy, So is been 3 months from my last surgery and now I would like to have a tummy tuck and breast implants but that's a very aggressive surgery and IDK if my body is ready for it. I would like to hear your opinions, THANKS.

Surgery after 3 months postop?

Only IN PERSON directed examinations of your areas would allow that decision to be made. I doubt you are ready at 3 months. Better to wait 6 months.

Time Between a Major Surgery, Pregnancy and Cosmetic Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled. It is also suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover. Additionally, your weight should also be stable for at least 6 months.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.

Tummy tuck now? A C-section and two major surgeries in past 9 months

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• I am so sorry you have been through so much these past 9 months.
  • You have had a baby, a C-section, a cholecystectomy and another laparoscopy.
  • It is fine to have a consultation now but unless you feel 100% recovered and in good condition, I would want you to wait another 3 months at least -
  • A tummy tuck is quite tiring surgery from which to recover and as a young mother, you have a lot on your hands already.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Laparoscopy surgery is not an agressive one, so you are ready to undergo plastic surgery.

As long as your   hemoglobine levels are high enough you are ready to go.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Am I safe to undergo surgery again?

In general if you are in good health at a stable weight and with good nutrition, you will likely be able to undergo surgery safely. Likewise, 3 months from your last surgery is probably adequate healing time since your last operation. I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!

Surgery

Thank you for the question and at your consultation with an expert in the field he will be able to evaluate when surgery should be performed after a complete history and physical.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and become informed.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Surgery timing

Once you are healed from your previous surgeries and you've stopped breastfeeding for at least 3 months, you can begin to explore surgery.  Make sure that you mention the surgeries that you've had to your surgeon during your consultation.  The mommy makeover is a wonderful procedure to help contour your body after all you've gone through.  There is much to learn about it and a great place to start is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Camille Cash, MD

Thank you for your question.  If you have completely healed from your prior surgeries you would be eligible for a mommy makeover, assuming it has been at least 6 months since any nursing of your newborn.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best recommendation.  Hope this helps.

Too soon for surgery

Thank you for your question. Of the surgeries you describe, the C-section is the one that takes the most time to recover from. The minimally invasive laparoscopies were developed for speed and ease of recovery. Having said that, abdominoplasty with breast augmentation is a big surgery, 4-5 hours long and typically requires an overnight stay in hospital. Waiting 3-6 months after your last surgery, provided there were no complications and you are feeling well would seem appropriate.

Michael Morrissey, MD