With time, will I no longer be able to see the edges of my implants? (Photos)

Hello, I am 4 days post op. I had 205 cc (left) and 220 cc (right) silicone implants put in subglandular. I weightlift as a sport so going under the muscle wasn't an option for me. I was told that I had enough skin (despite being very thin and having a "nearly A" cup size) that I wouldn't have to worry about seeing the edges of my implants. My top priority is to look natural; however when I move my arms even slightly (see photo) you can clearly see the edges. Will that go away?

If you can see your implant edge now

its unlikely it will get better with time... but weight gains will help camouflage it better but I wouldn't encourage you to gain weight just for that.  As much as we want perfect results with everything we do, it is rarely achieved.  So focus on healing and enjoying your improve contours and looks in your clothes.  And if anyone should criticize you about the edges, they don't belong in your life, plain and simple.  If you absolutely must do something, textured anatomic implants will be 'less visible' but there is always something that you may appreciate.

Visibility of implants

Placed in the subglandular position, implants are generally more visible.  Also larger implants or implants in patients with breast asymmetry, constricted lower pole, narrow base diameter, large breast implants, thin body habitus, etc. all predispose to visibility of the implants.  Time will tell if the edges are still visible but these are some of the factors to consider.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Visibility

Thank you for the question and the honest answer is that time will tell and hopefully things will get better but that may also be a function of the implant used as there are more then one variety of silicone gel implants and some are more "visible" then others.

Dr.Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implant Visibility

You should know that your implants will be more visible, less 'natural' looking, and more prone to severe visible rippling than if they were placed in the subpectoral position. Most amateur body builders do just fine with subpectoral placement. These issues don't go away, they get worse as time goes on and your implants expand and thin your tissues. Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Respectfully

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation with visible edges of Implants.. Will this go away?

Thank you for posting your photos. Yes, this will go away to some extent. It is true that placing the implants under the muscle would have made the edges less apparent, but I understand why you wanted to a avoid sub-muscular placement. 

You are still in the very early stages of recovery so this will get better. Four days is very little time and there is still some swelling there. Eventually the skin will expand and the swelling will go down.

As the swelling goes down and your skin expands, your breasts will look a bit smaller, with the edges being less apparent and they will look much more natural. In conclusion, you might end up with the edges being a little apparent, but much less then they are know. I feel you will have a very nice result several a few moths from now.

Best of luck on your recovery. 

Miguel Mota, MD

Subglandular implants

No, it is unlikely that they will blend more in the upper pole. Under the muscle may provide some more soft tissue to limit edge visibility.

Implant visibility

Thanks for your inquiry.  The thinner your breast tissue coverage the more likely your implant will be visible. It is early and edges may soften.  I suggest you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Implant edge visibility

Thank you for your question. You are in early stage of healing. Give it a time about 4 months and re evaluate.  Visibility of implant edge depending on the amount of soft tissue cover on it.

Breast implant edges

Your early result looks acceptable at this time. Your final result will take time to become evident. Your volume is good. A good choice in implant size and technically well performed surgery. It is impossible to say at this time if your implant edges will be visible in the future.

It is a well known fact that sub parenchymal (under the breast ) implants tend to be more visible than sub muscular implants for obvious reasons.

With all that said a reasonable choice was made to go above the muscle due to your sport and time will tell if your result is good  to you. I think you will be satisfied in the end.