Thinking of having BA but I'm not sure about size. Is 350cc too big for a natural look? A to B cup. 5'1", 98 lbs. (Photo)

I'm 50 year old petite. 5.1, 98 lbs. athletic, super fit. my bra size is 30/ 32 A and I want a B cup or smaller C cup, but most of it I want a very natural look. wath size of implant would you recommend? it is a 350 cc too big? I really want to have BA but I'm scared of ending up with boobs too big for me, I rather want them to be on the smaller side since I'm very active (practice yoga/run) I appreciate your help, I'm thinking of having the procedure done in a couple months.thank you so much.

What size is right for you.

There are many ways to determine which size is best for you.  The first step is to visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Every surgeon has the way that he/she can best determine, WITH YOU, the size that is best for you.  There are sizing methods and computer imaging.  However, I feel that a careful discussion with the patient is THE most important step.  Good luck to you.

Thinking of having BA but I'm not sure about size. Is 350cc too big for a natural look? A to B cup. 5'1", 98 lbs.

Thank you for your question and picture!  It is hard to tell exactly the size you will need without a full examination of your breasts.  I would seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a sizing with him.  Best of luck!Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume and cup size

At size 30 or 32 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.100 cc implants would result in a B, 200 cc implants would result in a C and 350 cc implants would result in almost a DD.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is 350cc too big

In terms of breast implant sizing, there are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Picking the perfect implants

Thanks for the question. Choosing the right implant starts with having a clear idea of what you want. For you, maintaining an active lifestyle and having a natural appearance are priorities. This is very common in places like Miami and Southern California where people are into fitness. You can definitely achieve your goals. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with a breast augmentation practice is your next step. You will be measured to determine what range of implants will fit you best. Consider looking for a practice with a Vectra 3d imaging system. This allows us to take a photo of you, then show you what you could look like using any implant on the market. This is a great way to show you which imants are too big, too small, and just right. It will give you confidence going into your procedure knowing you're going to achieve the look you want. Good luck. 

Dr J

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Size of implants

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Your measurements will be taken, and types of implants will be discussed. During the consultation, you can try on a variety of sizes to see what looks good on you and what you like. This is usually the best way to help you decide what you might want.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

HI and thanks for your question. I think it's awesome that you are so active. You deserve an enhacement of your breasts. Noticed I used the term enhancement. A breast augmentation should enhance what is already there and not detract from. IMHO a 350cc may be a bit too much for you. However, it's impossible to give you an accurateassessment without the benefit of seeing you. Weare located in the same city and I encoirage you to come in and see me. Our consultations are complimentary.

I think more along the lines of a 300cc. We have the Mentor sizing system. Although not perfect, it's much better than placing an actual implant inside the patient's bra. Resech, reseach and then reseach some more. A natural looking breasts is one that has a slope and then rounds out towards the bottom. It should not be a coconut! Unfortunately, in our fair city, we have too many patinets walking around with "fake", oversized breast augmentations.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthsiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up. Good luck Dr PG

350 mL implants

Thank you for your picture. If you truly want a modest breast augmentation a 350 mL breast implant most likely would work well for you. Have several consultations from plastic surgeons for evaluation and breast measurements to determine the appropriate size and volume definitively.

How to figure out the size of your implant...

Use external sizers in an unlined bra - 1 cup of rice = 240 cc's so a cup and a half is 360 cc's.  Use knee high nylon stockings to make your sizers and go out with them to see how comfortable you are with them.  This should easily provide you the answer you seek.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Size

Taking measurements of your chest wall and skin laxity is most important when determining breast size.  However, if you desire a B to small C cup a size in the 250-300 cc range would be better.  Try them in the office to see if you like the size and the weight is not a bother.