Thermage or Ulthera for lax skin around the eye? Are they safe? (Photo)

I am just starting to get lax,slightly crepy, skin between the eyebrow and the eyelid. I also notice less collagen and firmness under the eye and volume loss in cheekbones. I do NOT have set wrinkles.Botox has failed to fully refresh & tighten up the orbital area. Which energy or laser treatment is best for building collagen and firming this area? Both Thermage & Ulthera have horrible reviews stating they melt facial fat. Which treatments are suggested for this delicate area?(DON'T WANT FILLERS)

Thermage is definitely best around the eyes.

Thermage is definitely best around the eyes. Ulthera is not used around the eyes . Thermage is safe around the eyes provided that the user is experienced. Keep in mind that only surgery will remove fat pads though.
Thermage does not remove or melt facial fat. That was reported only rarely in the early days of Thermage around 2002 and 2003. This was due to user error and has not been reported in the last ten or so years. Ulthera has been reported to cause facial fat loss as recently as 2012.
Furthermore, Botox is not a tightening procedure. Therefore it would be totally ineffective for reducing lid laxity

Thermage for Skin Laxity

Thermage works very well for skin laxity, around the face, eyelids, and various areas of the body.  It is really critical to consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I like co2 laser resurfacing to this area first and then follow with Thermage.  My patients maintain with thermismooth or venus legacy.  All of this is for if you are trying to avoid surgical intervention.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Energy based skin tightening around the eyes

Thermage is a radiofrequency machine where as Ulthera is based on ultrasonic energy.  Thermage does make a handpiece that is designed specifically for the eyes, Ulthera does not.  Both are quiet uncomfortable for patients. A new radiofrequency  device called Thermi Smooth makes a device specifically for the eyes and is quite comfortable for the patient.  It usually takes 3-4 treatments several weeks apart and the results are very good for most patients.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon