Temporary cast removal after rhinoplasty

Hi I am getting rhinoplasty on Thursday Sept 1st. My friend is getting married on Sunday Sept 4th (she had a fight with me, and just called me recently to tell me about the wedding, hence the late invite). Cast removal is scheduled for Wed Sept 7. Is there any way for me to have my cast removed for 4 hours (Sunday from 5 pm to 9 pm)? My surgeon is in Miami and the wedding is in Somerset, NJ. My plan is to fly out, show up, and leave the same day. Is there anyway to have my cast temporarily off?

cast removal for a wedding?

Either go to their wedding with your cast on, or don't go at all. It's best not to remove the cast just for a wedding. Best to check with your operative surgeon.

Post rhinoplasty care

If you were my patient, I would tell you to reschedule your surgery.  Sometimes these things happen, and I completely understand.  But the last thing you want to do is to compromise your long-term result.  During a wedding you will be singing, dancing, and surrounded by your friends - the last thing you want is to be self conscious about a swollen nose, or have someone bump into it accidentally and damage the work that was done.  I don't recommend flying for around 7-10 days after a rhinoplasty in general.  I suggest you call your doc's office and let them know of what is going and they may be able to guide you as to what is best since they know what the surgical plan is.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

NO! And flying also NOT recommended!!! Late invites are not your in your control. Ether delay the surgery or do not go to the wedding.

Temporary cast removal after rhinoplsty

Thank you for your question.  I usually don't recommend flying for at least a week after a rhinoplasty.  It's best to call your doctors office for their advise.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temporary Nasal Splint Removal? No

If you wish to attend your friend's wedding, it would be best for you to reschedule your rhinoplasty to a later date. Taking off your nasal splint early may impair the rhinoplasty results and likely would create swelling. Additionally, you may not feel up to celebrating a wedding so soon after your rhinoplasty. Best recommendation, reschedule your surgery. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon