Were my teeth ready for my underbite lower jaw surgery? Are my upper teeth pushed too forward, and making my cheeks flat?(photo)

I had my lower jaw moved back but I want to know if my teeth were in the proper position for the surgery. As I understand the underbite gets much worse after braces are put on and my teeth were actually better because I wore elastics before to fix the bite which I was unhappy with since my jaw bone was still long.I will post my story in a picture and go into detail of what I have been through.I would really appreciate any surgeons opinions. I will add pictures with dates that will be in my story

Teeth and jaw

From these photos the teeth look good. Of course it is difficult to say without looking at xrays. The angle of the lower teeth should be 90's. and the teeth should remain in the bony window.  

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon