Techniques you use to liposuction arm fat?

What techniques or methods do your personally use to minimize contour problems that can occur with arm liposuction! I'm 145 lbs at 5.5 29 years old and have excess fat around my arms that i would like to remove. Thanks

Lipo arms

Thanks for posting.  Agree that small cannula and not oversuctioning with tumescent liposculpture are key.  Make sure you see pictures you like in office of BCPS.  Please see attached web link.  Good luck!

Thank you for your Question. Nutational Infrasonic Liposclupture( NIL)
Liposclupture means slimming, filling and reshaping specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits or transferring to desired areas. There are several types techniques aiming liposclupting. Recently invented Nutational Infrasonic Liposclupture (NIL) System developed for solving several problems related with priyory techniques using surgical incisions to remove excess fat tissues such as prolonged operation time, need of general anesthesy, more tissue damage, bleeding during surgery, higher complications risks, prolonged healing period and scarring. It is especially affective in difficult and large areas like the abdomen, buttocks, back, upper arms thighs and knees and in such areas superior to Laser Lypolysis System which is designed to be applied in gentle parts of body.
In NIL technique, a cannula having fluctuation, rotation, and vibration movements creating ultraonic waves allows removing fat tissue gently and safe without harming any other tissues. The vibrations and ultrasound waves of the device releases stemmcells adhered to fat cells. Released stemmcells helps with healing process and results with natural and fresher look. NIL doesnt require large incisions on skin but very small entering hole for the cannula as a result it is almost impossible to notice the scar. Compared with surgical techniques, as there is no incisions during surgery, there is no fluctations or bumps on skin after the procedure providing a smoother look. Additionally most recent simple and safe technique NIL is done under local anesthesia in most application areas so that patient can return normal activities the next day

Liposuction for arms requires a special technique and equipment.

Although it’s possible to overdo lipo on any part of the body, this is especially a risk when treating a smaller part of the body, such as the arms. When treating arms with liposuction, I use a smaller cannula than I would use for the hips or abdomen and I’m careful to use a less-aggressive approach that creates even and natural-looking contours on the arms. It’s also important to evaluate the elasticity of the arm skin to determine how the skin might react to the loss of fat. Skin that exhibits good elasticity may conform nicely to a smaller contour, but for people with some sagging arm skin, an arm lift, or brachioplasty, may be a better approach.

Arm lipo

Hello dear, thanks for your post. If you’re considering liposuction of the upper arms it’s important to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon. Ultimately, the experience and qualifications of this surgeon are more important than the technique chosen. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan for your condition. t’s not unusual for patients to request liposuction of the upper arms. This procedure is often associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction. Unfortunately, the procedure isn’t for everyone and therefore patient selection is important. In cases where skin sag is present, liposuction can actually make the problem worse. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to perform an upper arm brachioplasty.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Upper arm contouring

Contouring of the upper arms is one of the most common procedures performed in my practice.   Standard Liposuction can be helpful but the best results often come from the use of energy assisted  techniques  that either email suffice or melt the fat after which the byproduct is suctioned.  Specifically, I use SlmLipo to  achieve  our best results.  The results of this technique have been so well received that the number of open surgical brachioplasty's have plummeted.  

Michael Clinton, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

VASER can be used to revise contour issues after liposuction.  you should see a cosmetic body contouring specialist that does both surgical and non surgical methods to determine what is best for you.  Dr. Emer.

Circumferential arm liposuctions

Liposuctioning around the arm with the smaller 2.0 and 2.5 mm cannulas under local tend to give the best results and is easy to undergo.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of areas and a in a variety of patients. That said, the ideal liposuction candidate has localized fat deposits and quality overlying skin without significant excess skin or skin damage. Fat can then be removed to a]strategically sculpt the body and accentuate feminine curves. The skin then retracts over the new shape to give the final result.
That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.
A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Arm liposuction

Liposuction in this area is safe with minimal complications.  It is important to not be too aggressive or close to the skin to avoid contour irregularities.  Compression is needed for 2 weeks afterwards. 

Liposuction techniques for the arm

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.
  • My personal preference for most inner arm liposuction is a 3 mm cannula using standard suction or a microaire (pulsatile) machine.
  • I do not use hot techniques (laser, vaser) on thin skin such as the arms.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.