Switching from mod profile saline 330 and 375cc unders to silicone allergen hp. (photos)

I am 5'5" no kids and I was 155lbs when I had breast aug 2012. I was 34b pre-op. doctor told me I couldn't go big because my muscles were very tight. So I settled for 330cc& 375cc Saline mod profile unders. The result came out very natural but I am not happy with the size (I still have to use push up bras) and now that I lost 20lbs I am a 32 because my 34's are loose and I have no cleavage. What would be an adequate amount of cc's for me to go up? Scared I will still be too small after r2.

Best breast implants for me – revisionary breast surgery?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that your goals are achievable/realistic.  However, you will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "full enough" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on   who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.   

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).  Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select  the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear Bella,    Thanks for submitting your picture and your goal pictures. From observing your picture you appear to be B cup size with wide cleavage, lateral displacement of right breast implant and right breast is bigger. Your goal picture appears to be D cup size. To become 32 D cup you will have to add 250 cc volume to your present implant's volume ( roughly 575-600 cc). There should be some adjustment to the implants in order to make the breasts more even.    I would recommend to stay with smooth, round moderate profile saline implants(that I have used for over 29 years), placed through the sub areola incision, which will allow for the formation of a very nice cleavage under direct vision and feel.  Very large silicone gel implants, will have to be inserted through a long sub mammary incision (in the crease) , which is too far from the cleavage area for comfortable dissection and creation of nice cleavage.   You , most likely will need capsulotimy(scar release ) to make room for  larger implants and it will be advantageous for you to have right lateral capsulorrhaphy (internal bra) , for better cleavage and better shape of the breast.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                                              Best of luck,                                                                 Dr Widder

Moderate plus saline

I think switching to a moderate plus saline about 175-200cc bigger should be fine for you. You may need 2 different implants again to try to make things as even as possible. Using temporary sizing implants is a good way your doc can try to get you the result you desire. Good luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon