Swelling or permanent?

I am exactly one month post op. Before, my nose appeared to look like my hump was coming back but this used to be soft and tender to touch. Now, when feeling the hump in the same area, it a starting to get hard. This hump is where my cartilage area is, not the boney area. Quite worried. Could this be surgical error, seeing as it's now getting hard or is this all part of healing?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Your healing is not permanent at the 1 month post op mark. You will be finished healing at the 9 to 12 month post-op, and sometimes longer depending on the patient's unique healing process. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op rhinoplasty

1 month post op, it really is tough to say.  While what I want to tell you is that "it is post operative swelling, give it time", once it starts feeling a little hard then it may be starting to form scar tissue - specially one month post operative as this is when we usually start to see those changes happening if they are going to happen.  Luckily, this is nothing that can't be treated very easily to get you back on track.  I strongly suggest you give the office of your PS a call and let them know of what is happening - he may want to see you sooner rather than later for your post operative visit to check and see if they have to do anything.  Best of luck. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling or permanent?

You keep posting see issues! Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON paid second opinion examinations! Healing following a rhinoplasty the 1 year. But if you see a hump than a revision  might be needed?