Swelling - I had rhinoplasty 8/25 my nose looks big under the cast its this swelling?

Or that's how nose will look like after cast removal? Please help

Swelling post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have swelling in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase.  Best of luck.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Swelling is completely normal immediately after rhinoplasty...and it may persist for weeks afterwards! Do not be concerned as you just had your surgery - give it time and enjoy your new nose.  Any questions or concerns feel free to contact your surgeons office as they will be more than happy to help.  Depending on what maneuvers were performed during your surgery you may have more or less swelling, so that will be a good indicator.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal appearance one day postop

Your nose is going to swell quite a bit after the surgery.  The tip cannot be splinted, as its skeleton is a C-shaped cartilage, not bone.  So don't judge your result for 2 to 3 months.  It really takes almost a year for the tip swelling to resolve.  I tell my patients that 85% of the swelling resolves in 6 to 8 weeks.  The rest takes 9 to 12 months.  Best of luck.

George H. Pope, MD

Nose swelling

There are no photos here so it is impossible to say. Swelling is NORMAL and persists for weeks, not days. If you still have concern, discuss this with your surgeon.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Why have you NOT called for doctor to ask him since he did the surgery?!!! But only a few days postop! Swelling takes months to decrease. Was this NOT explained to you un your preop visit?