Surgery for a polyp removal in my sinuses, but I also wanted to have Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm suppose to have surgery for a polyp removal in my sinuses, but I also wanted to have rhinoplasty. So I want the best doc that can do both in Florida. I am willing to travel to the best. I don't want to look like I had a nose job I want it to look natural.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a reduction of your alar base width.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Sinus surgery & rhinoplasty

Polypoid disease of the paranasal sinuses often requires a surgeon who commits a fair bit of their practice to the surgical treatment of sinus disease -- especially since polypoid sinus disease can recur after surgery. 
Similarly you should seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon who does a lot of rhinoplasty. It is unlikely that surgeon will also regularly do sinus surgeries.
The "best doc who can do both" is not going to be the best sinus surgeon, or the best rhinoplasty surgeon. You can't afford to compromise in either of these, and I want to encourage you to reconsider "one-stop shopping" as far as these complicated and technically challenging surgeries go. 
My recommendation is to have your sinus surgery treated by a sinus specialist in your area, someone with whom you can follow-up after surgery to inspect your nose for recurrence of polyps. Then schedule a couple of consultations with rhinoplasty surgeons to discuss your goals for a nose-reshaping surgery. 
Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and endoscopic sinus surgery combination

Functional endoscopic sinus surgery for polyp removal and a cosmetic rhinoplasty can both be performed by a double board certified ENT/facial plastic surgeon. Functional nasal surgery is billed to the patient's medical insurance, once medical necessity has been documented. A CAT scan of the paranasal sinuses will be required before any sinus surgery is performed. A cosmetic rhinoplasty can accomplish making the nose more refined and narrow, yet looking natural. Choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For more information about both functional sinus surgery and cosmetic rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below

Sinus surgery and rhinoplasty

It is very difficult to get the best doctor for each and have them work together but it is possible. Sinus surgery is relatively easy compared to a rhinoplasty in most cases. You should look for an Otolaryngologist known for rhinoplasties and then check with her/him if both surgeries can be done at the same time. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for a polyp removal in my sinuses, but I also wanted to have Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions?

Best to use only ENT specialist for both surgeries. Discuss this with the in person consolations....

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD