Hit in the nose when I was 13, I'm 24 now. Is it possible to straighten the nose without changing the shape of nose?

When I was 13 I got hit my an umbrella (swung at me like a baseball bat) and it shifted my nose bone (didn't break it or fracture it). But since then my nose looks like two different noses from different angles. [EX: From my right is looks like I have a straight nose but then from my left, it looks like I have a small hump. ] Now I'm 24, and want to fix the problem. Is there a way to straighten my nose/get rid of the hump without changing the shape of my nose?

Rhnioplasty

Yes it is possible but make sure you have a lengthy conversation with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  Computer Imaging should be done and the communication should allow you to achieve a comfort level with your physician.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Easy fix

This should be not complicated. Removing the small bump without changing the shape of the nose should be within the reach of an appropriately trained surgeon. Best of luck!

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hit in the nose when I was 13, is it possible to straighten the nose without changing the shape of the nose?

A full set of photographs are required of the nose make a determination about what can and cannot be accomplished with a surgical procedure. The dorsal hump can be filed down and the crooked nasal bones can be straightened with osteotomies. Repairing those two issues can be accomplished without changing the shape of the nose. All of these changes can be made with a closed rhinoplasty approach with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For more information  and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below 

Rhinoplasty

Yes. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss options. Be very clear during your meeting that you don't want to change the shape of your nose. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You would most likely need to have the dorsum reduced and infracture of your nasal bones on each side to correct the deformity.  It would not necessarily affect the tip of your nose.  

Straightening the nose

To make a long story short, the answer is "yes".  Addressing the nasal bones and providing you with an elegant profile that fits your face without changing the look of your nose is certainly doable.  The key lies in having your surgeon understand what it is that you are looking to achieve and ensuring that both of you are on the same wavelength.  This is a gross generalization, and it would be much easier to make a better call with pictures, but based on the other comments, I think you get the general idea.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can indeed straighten the nose without changing the shape. This can be performed through a closed (no incision) or open rhinoplasty. The bones can be smoothed or shifted without too much trouble. Be sure that you see a rhinoplasty specialist to have the best work done!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

It would be easier to comment if you posted few pictures, the shape of the nose can be improved and we can make the nose straighter. It is hard to say weather the shape of the nose is going to change without pictures.

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Eliminating Hump Without Changing Overall Shape Of Nose

The answer is "yes":  you can eliminate the bump without radically changing the shape of your nose (with the exception of the bump being removed). I am often asked the following question:  "Doctor, I want to change my nose but I don't want to change my look - can you do it?"  It sounds like a contradiction, but it is not, because what the patient is asking is for a natural-looking result, and the answer to their question (just like yours) is "yes." This is achieved by being very aware (on the surgeon's side) of what the patient wants, and having enough experience to know how to manifest this. I suggest you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon with many years (if not decades) of experience with rhinoplasty surgery. Please do your research on his or her credentials, education, reviews, and before and after photos. I wish you the best!

Removing small hump on side of nose without changing overall shape of nose.

Of course, you need to present to your treating surgeon as individual results and expectations may vary. That being said, your desire to remove the small hump on your nose should be achieved without changing the overall shape of your nose.