Can I stop wearing the surgical bra?

i had breast lift with augmentation 2 months and 7 days ago,is it safe to stop wearing my surgical bra and start wearing normal brass already or should i keep wearing it for another month? Thanks to all the doctors that takes their time to answer our questions. I know my doctor should know but i went to my appointment and forget to ask him.. :)

Surgeon"s have different thoughts, usually based on their personal experiences with their patients.  Therefore, follow your surgeons recommendations, to optimize your long term result.

For my patients I recommend they wait to buy new bras for 2-3 months after the surgery to allow adequate swelling to decrease so they can get the bra that is sized correctly.  Basically the implant takes time to drop and reshape the lower part of the breast.  The new cup size is determined by the width of the breast and the fullness achieved by the new implant.

I also recommend to my patients to typically wear a bra during the day, for support, in an attempt to control the descent of the implant for the first year after the surgery.  

Chandler Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy implant

Thank you for your question. I would ask your PS as every PS has different recommendations. IN my practice if all the wounds have healed then you could wear a normal bra.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Can I stop wearing the surgical bra after breast lift with implants?

Thank you for your question.  Most patients are able to wear a normal bra certainly by 3-4 weeks after combined breast lift with implants.  However your situation may be different and it is essential that she contact her plastic surgeon's office and get advice on this important decision.  Do not rely on Internet advice from surgeons who are not familiar with your case.

Yes, at 2 months after surgery you can wear any bra you like.  Depending on how large you went you may need to be more conscious about support at all times.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Surgicall Bra

I recommend my patients wear a good sports bra during gym activities.  Otherwise, at this stage of healing it is fine to wear other types of bras.  Confirm with your surgeon as everyone has their own protocol.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD