Why isn't my stomach flat? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck done in January 2016. My stomach feels bloated at most times. Is it fat that needs to be lipoed or is it that my muscle repair came loose or wasn't done properly?

Why Isn't the Stomach Flat

Swelling and pain can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. There is the potential that this tightening in the muscles has caused a raised appearance, and some more time will be needed for the full healing process to complete. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

If you are uncomfortable or worried at all it would be best to visit your surgeon again to have the area examined in order to make sure that healing is progressing well.

Protruding Abdomen

I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort. It may not be either of those things. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person to examine you and investigate further.

All the best