When can I start to wear regular/normal bra after Breast augmentation?

Im 2 weeks post op..i had underneath insicion i havent buy any regular bra yet! I dont want to hurt my insicions by using them! Help

When can I wear a bra?

Each plastic surgeon will have differing thoughts on this subject, I like my patients to wear a cami top or front closing sports bar for the first six weeks. Ask you plastic surgeon about their recommendations. 

It is wise to use cotton soft sports bra until your incision is healed . It usually takes put to 6 weeks 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

At least a month and a half

Good afternoon,

At my practice we advise our patients to wear a soft bra (surgical bra) for a minimum of six weeks, but we strongly suggest eight weeks. Each surgeon has a different outlook on post-op practices so if you would like more information I would advise contacting your surgeon for the specific instructions he prefers.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

When can i start wearing a normal bra after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. I have patients wear a soft bra after breast augmentation for a few weeks (6 to 8) to splint everything, and at that point the scars are generally very stable and we move to normal bras (or none) and long term scar management.
The best person to advise you on this is your specific surgeon.

Bra Support Post Op

Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred post op bra protocol. In my practice I advise a surgical bra, which I supply, to be worn day and night for 8 weeks. I ask my patients not to wear underwire bras during that time. Some Plastic Surgeons do not advise any particular bra. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon for specific instructions for you.

All the best

When can I wear a regular bra after breast augmentation?

For my breast augmentation patients I typically recommend waiting 6 to 8 weeks prior to wearing an underwire bra. This allows time for the breast implants to descend downward within the implant pocket.

From reading ALL your previous postings seems you did not receive post op instructions that were adequate! Best to return to see your surgeon with a list of all your concerns/questions/issues.