I'm not sure where to start. TT? I'm 5,7" and my weight is 180 Lbs. Ideal weight for best results? (photos)

I'm 47 yrs old. Two kids. I want to change my life.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck: where to start?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs and description, it is likely that you are very close to being ready for  tummy tuck surgery.  Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Basically, patients should look at the overall "quality" of the outcomes achieved;  in other words, it will be important that patients see lots of examples of outcomes that they would be pleased with.  In doing so patients will be able to get an idea of each  plastic surgeon's "aesthetic sensibilities". Of course, careful evaluation of the photographs (including factors such as time out of surgery and initial anatomic starting point) will be important as patients evaluate before/after photographs.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

I'm not sure where to start

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures

Congratulations on this new stage!!  .According your pictures you would need a Tummy Tuck,, this operation consisting in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or in women who have had multiple pregnancies. Abdominoplasty get a flatter, firmer abdomen and a narrower waist.  In addition to this, it is important to choose a surgeon plastic certified by relevant organizations. 

hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Candidate for Abdominoplasty

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. A good abdominoplasty candidate will be close to their ideal body weight, in overall good health, and fully understand the surgical procedure. I recommend that you start your journey by scheduling a consultation appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon, who can perform an in-person examination. He/she can review your tummy tuck options, and determine if this is the right procedure for your situation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

I'm not sure where to start. TT? I'm 5,7" and my weight is 180 Lbs. Ideal weight for best results?

I think that tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back would produce a very nice result for you.

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Makeover

A tummy tuck and breast lift would be ideal for you.  These procedures are offered together by many practices.  Visit a few and talk with the surgeons to decide if it is for you.  

Where do I start

From you pictures, I think you could have a great result with a tummy tuck with additional liposuction. I would encourage you to lose 10-15 pounds before the surgery. The phsiologic stress of the surgery combined with an ongoing diet could result in a greater weight loss. The second step would be to rejuvenate your breasts. There are a variety of options. I would cosult with 2-3 plastic surgeons and get their ideas. Good luck

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

TT would be a good start

IF you really are 5ft 7" and 180lbs, you have a BMI under 30 which is a good place to be for a TT. IF you could lose some weight to get your BMI down to 25 or less you will have even better results. After your TT moving on to your breasts for rejuvenation would be a next good place to go. You should see 2-3 plastic surgeons in consultation to discuss this with them in person. 

Ideal weight for Tummy Tuck

Hello, Thanks for sharing your case and photos with us, if you have all your lab and medical evaluation in good conditions, you are an excelent candidate to have, back and waist liposuction with BBL and tummy tuck, your BMI is in 28%, so you weight its ok for the procedure. the more you lose the best results you will get, but now you look perfect to have the procedure done. Have a nice day and bes wishes!!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD