When can I start my scar treatment?

I'm 18 days post where my drain was is still like a sore like when can I start my scar strips on my scar

When to start scar treatment

The choice of when to start scar treatment is specific to your surgeon. However, it is safe to assume that when all sutures are removed and there are no open wounds or sores that you can start scar therapy. If there is an area with a sore start on the healed areas and allow the wound to heal before applying the strips to that area...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

When can I start my scar treatment?

Hi, thanks for the question.

I recommend you to start your scar strips when all crust are gone, and your wound is clean.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Scar rx

Once all of your sutures are out you can probably begin scar therapy anytime.Ease up on the sore area.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

When to start scar treatments

Thank you for your question! At 3 weeks I talk to my patients about using scar gels and or silicone sheeting. I also offer a scar system known as embrace in my office. Embrace would be started 2 weeks post-op if the patient decides to go that route. Embrace actively relieves the skin's natural tension during healing,before a scar is fully formed.  This is clinically shown to help prevent scar tissue formation and significantly improve scar appearance.best of Luck with your scars and healing!

Scar and Healing

I appreciate your question.
at 3 weeks I allow my patients to start scar therapy
Please speak to your doctor about their thoughts.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Scar Treatment

Thank you for your question.  I typically begin scar treatment at 3 weeks once I remove the surgical tape.  However, it appears that you may have irritation of the drain site.   I would recommend some form of antibiotic ointment and gauze over this to help reduce the irritation.  I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Scar treatment

as long as your wound has healed you may begin scar treatment at 3 weeks. If not healed please wait. There are a number of scar cream ingredients that work great on scars but negatively impact wound healing ... so be careful.

When to start scar treatment.

Hi, Newme_35.  Once incisions are healed which may take 2-3 weeks, you can start your scar treatment.  Please be seen by your plastic surgeon prior to starting the scar treatment and ask for his/her scar regimen.  Best regards.

When can I start my scar treatment?

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure.  You will find that every plastic surgery has his/her own protocol when it comes to incision line care. Therefore best to follow your surgeons protocol. Best wishes.

Starting Scar Therapy After Tummy Tuck

Typically, if your scar is well healed then silicone strip scar therapy can be started (usually 2-3 weeks).  Please ask your plastic surgeon his or her opinion concerning the matter.