What would be the best solution to bring balance to my thin upper lip? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 3
Thank you for your question. A thicker top lip can improve the appearance of your lips by creating more balance. Fillers can provide you a temporary volume increase and can give you the option to explore a lip lift as well.
I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.
Correct a thin upper lip?
Thank you for asking about your thin upper lip.
- The upper lip normally is a bit thinner than the lower lip -
- But I agree yours looks a little too thin.
- You should try a syringe of filler first - it should plump up your lip and give you more fullness.
- At times, this doesn't look natural or the filler dissolved too quickly -
- You should then be evaluated for a lip lift.
- I suggest you have a plastic surgeon do your lip filler - because you will need a plastic surgeon to do a lip lift and s/he can advise you at the first consultation how likely a lip lift will be.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Thin Upper Lip
The purpose of upper lip shortening is to reduce the distance from the nose to the upper lip and involves an incision hidden at the base of the nose. Your case is not as severe as some and you do have a fair amount of upper lip showing. If treatment with dermal filler in the upper lip does not give you the result you wish, then consider the upper lip shortening procedure.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.