Can a small hard bump on the nose like a pimple easily be removed?

I had a nose job two years ago. A small bump like a pimple under the radix remained. It's beginning to show off more. My surgeon promised me it will go away but after two years it's still there. I want to get rid of it. I'm touching it every minute and taking pictures. Its beginning to irritating me and my family. I dont want fillers. Can my surgeon rasp it down (pimple size not more higher than 1,5mm) in the clinic under local anesthesia?

Obtaining your previous operative note and consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist would be helpful in determining if your diagnosis is indeed correct.

Radix bump

If it is bone, it might be possible to rasp it down. Hard to say without an exam.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Persistent small bump after nasal surgery

Good news, absolutely that kind of small bump can be solved with a short surgery under local anesthesia, without breaking bones or usually much bruising.   The doctor was right to wait 6 months to a year but if its still there it is going to stay.  This can be caused by many things including your healing.  Now is a good time to touch it up!!  Please revisit your surgeon and work out a plan.

Thomas W. Loeb, MD

Some small dorsal hump deformities can be corrected by rasping the lesions in the office under local anesthesia.  It may be a bit uncomfortable but should be fine for a small bump.  Best wishes, Dr. T 

Small bump

Depending on the location and extent of the bump, different things can be done.  What I mean by that is that sometimes a component of the "bump" is bony, other times its cartilage, and sometimes its a combination of both.  Depending on what it is, different things can be done.  That being said, to answer your question, yes it can be done under local anesthesia.  It does take longer to do as getting you nice and numb to the point where he can do what he needs to do can take time (numbing the nose is not the most comfortable thing in the world!) but it is certainly doable.  What I have found is that it mostly depends on the patient.  when doing small work on the nasal dorsum under local I always like to give a xanax beforehand just to help calm the jitters down - you just have to make sure you have someone to drive you home.  Talk to your doc about it and theyll be able to give you a better idea of what it may be and what can and can't be done.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon