Small flat lips? What do I do? (Photos)

My lips aren't the smallest but the sides are very "empty" to put it bluntly. Help?

Dermal fillers..

There are lots of options to help get a better shape for your lips. I really like the new Restylane Silk and it is a very soft alternative to older generation fillers. Find an experienced injector for best results! 

Best of luck.

Dr. ALDO :)

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Volbella to change the shape of your lip

From the photos it appears that Volbella would be perfect to augment and enhance the shape of your lip.  Please consult an expert in facial injections for the best cosmetic results.   Best, Dr. Green

Lips

A filler like restylane or belotero would work very well for the enhancement you are looking for.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  You are a great candidate for filler in your lips.   There are many different types of fillers.  I suggest you schedule a consultation with an experienced injector in your area.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Perfecting the Pout--Lip Augmentation that Works, Fillers (Volbella, Restylane, Voluma), Implants, Fat

These fillers, (Volbella, Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip enhancement?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You are an excellent candidate for lip enhancement with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Volbella or Restylane Silk. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Enhancement

Dear penguin24:

Looking at your photos, I would recommend injecting small amounts of Volbella to enhance your lips.  All the best.

Improving deflated lips

These lips can easily be improved using HA fillers. I wouldn't put a tremendous amount in your lips. I use Restylane Silk in most of my patients and it gives a very natural look. Don't go too big!

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Small flat lips? What do I do?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Your lips are beautiful.

Not not let anyone mess with your head.  Do not get grafted fat into the lips.  This will permanently damage and scar the lips.  The hyaluronic acid fillers are very good for this.  Less is more.  I do not like the smooth fillers which tend to drift and do their own thing.  I personally very much like Restylane for this purpose.  You need an highly artful injector.  Less is more.  Start with no more than 1 ml of Resylane.