What size cc saline implants is recommended for me and do I really need a breast lift? (Photo)

Hi, I am 5'4" and 190lbs, 40 DD breast. I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck, lollipop breast lift with saline implants. I want to know if a breast lift is required for best results. Not sure what size implants I need in order to keep my size or maybe go a little larger, I'm thinking my breast will look too big since I'm having a tummy tuck, will my breast implants look to big if I keep my size or go a little larger??

What size cc saline implants is recommended for me?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Ultimately, you will do well select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.
Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery. It will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Only after doing so can you make an informed decision whether or not to proceed.
You will find a lot of information on this website and on the attached link.
Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Choosing implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift with implants?

Your photos show that you have droopy (ptotic) tubular breasts, with nipple pointing down, and they will require both the lift and augmentation to make a remarkable improvement in your appearance.  At the same time your surgeon can reduce the size of you areolae, which are also stretched out.  As to implant size, listen  to your surgeon's suggestion, and don't go too large, or you may have healing problems.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that a breast lift with implants would dramatically improve your breast appearance.  During a typical consultation, breast measurements are taken to get a guide for appropriate sized implants.  You then can try on different implant sizers in your bra while wearing a tight t-shirt to get a better idea as to the look that you want.  It's better to focus more on the look that you want rather than a specific number or cup size.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

With ALL these breasts concerns NOW. You really need a pre op consultation with your surgeon to settle these issues! My guess is you need 300 cc full lift option.

Best Implant size with lift

It is very difficult to determine if you need a lift or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in a bit.

What size cc saline implants is recommended for me and do I really need a breast lift?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Do I need a breast lift with implants

Hi there, your question is a little confusing. You are saying - "not sure what size implants you need in order to keep your size or maybe go a little larger". If you want to keep your current breast size - 40DD but don't like the shape of your breasts , then you only need a breast lift and not implants. You need breast implants to increase the size of your breast. However, if you only get breast implants and not a lift, your breasts will increase in size , become fuller but this will not significantly create a lift in the position of the nipples or your breast. Looking at your pictures and assuming you do want larger breasts, you will benefit most from combined augmentation and breast lift.
Have another detailed consultation with you plastic surgeon BEFORE the day of your surgery to go over these issues and measure for the size of implants you want.
Good luck !

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon