I have sharp pain on my right breast 5 days post op silicone HP 425CC. Is this normal?

I Slept on my side for a little bit last night ( I know I wasn't supposed to). Today I have a sharp pain on my right breast when i breathe deeply. Is this normal? What is your recommendation?

Breast Pain after Augmentation Mammoplasty

Waking up with pain on one side is not overly concerning, though could be should your breast appear markedly asymmetric than previously.  One of the most common short-term complications after augmentation mammoplasty (breast augmentation) is a hematoma.  So long as your breasts appear relatively symmetric (there is always some asymmetry), breast pain is common an even expected in the first few weeks after surgery.  

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sharp pain 5 days out

Hi by sleeping on your side you may have stretched some nerve endings that could be causing the sharp pain.  You should follow up with your plastic surgeon so she/he can examine you.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Pain 5 days post op silicone breast augmentation

This is not atypical. However, it does warrant contacting your surgeon, and ask if he or she would like to check your progress.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

This is a common occurrence after breast augmentation. It is usually due to stretching or pulling on the nerves.It should go away soon without any intervention.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Sharp Pain After Breast Augmentation

Aches and pains like the one you describe are very common the first week or two after surgery and rarely reflect a serious problem. Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps. If concerned  or gets worse, see your plastic surgeon.

Sleeping on your side may have told him here pectoralis muscle which is causing spasm of the muscle and pain. Please see her plastic surgeon for an examination. The plastic surgeon may want to give you muscle relaxants and may want to start gentle arm raising exercises to help relieve spasm if that is what is going on.

I have sharp pain on my right breast 5 days post op silicone HP 425CC. Is this norma

Please see your surgeon ASAP for IN PERSON examination. Or at least call him/her to tell your issues...Oh I see you chose CGC office. Best to look up Dr Ortega's phone #s on goggle to try and find him. He, personally, is very responsive to ALL his patients!!

Pain 5 days after a breast augmentation

It is normal to have some discomfort after a breast augmentation. How much varies.  If concerned you should see your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation pain

Thanks for inquiry.  I would recommend you please call your plastic surgeon to discuss.  Good Luck

Pain after breast augmentation at 5 days is quite normal.

Your complaint does not surprise me.  If the breasts look symmetrical, I doubt there is anything to worry about.  Nevertheless, it's never a bad idea to alert your surgeon.