Severe hardening post mini tummy tuck and lower abdomen lipo (Photo)

I'm 14 days post op. My swelling has gone down by the hardening has gotten worst and worst. I've already gotten 3 lymphatic massages. My dr didn't put a drain but has removed fluid twice w a niddle. My abdomen is hard, lumpy, uneven and now the upper is wrinkling over. Will this go away? Is there a possibility that it won't? Am I botched? What should I do?

Mini tummy tuck and lipo

Dear Adri, 

Thanks for submitting your pictures and sorry for your problems. I have been in practice for over 29 years and performed tummy tucks on well over 1000 patients. Based on that experience, I can tell you that the indication for mini tummy tuck are very limited, especially after having children.

From observing your pictures, if you were my patient, I would have refused to perform the procedure that you just had.  For the benefit of short scar, it is not worth compromising the total outcome.

Having said all that, you are very early in the healing process and most likely , things will improve with time, especially, since it appears that you had hematoma , which intensified the scarring process. It will take 4-6 months for the healing to mature. At that time you will be able to decide if you are willing to live with the result or proceed with corrective surgery. 

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat stomach, tight and youthful looking skin and nice belly button.

Dr Widder

Severe hardening post mini tummy tuck and lower abdomen lipo

Even at 14 days postop appears as a poor choice for mini TT + lipo. in my over the internet opinion. Maybe after 1 month healing you should seek in person paid second opinions from private practice boarded PSs

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon