How do I select a provider for implants on lower portion of my mouth?

I have been wearing dentures for the past five years. Am I a good candidate for dental implants.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Board Certified Oral Surgeons for Dental Implant Placement

Board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons have the most training with dental implant placement and also have the most training in dealing with any complications that arise.  That being said, experience is a key factor as well.  You need to see a reputable surgeon that is willing to discuss both success and complications with you.  Testimonials help as well.  Be very weary of "Discount Dental Implants" because "discount doctor=discount results" quite often.  There are several dental implant manufacturers out there from good to bad.  Any reputable company will back their product up and replace for no charge if they fail.  Most reputable doctors will do the same.

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Selecting a provider

Look for1. Experience2. Patients of theirs you can talk to3. Type of implant that is used, you will need a reputable brand4. Price should not be a criteria because in years to come price will be forgotten and quality remembered5. If they offer a warranty
I wish you all the best in your journeyDr J

Getting rid of your dentures.

It typically starts with a consultation with a dentist that focuses on dental implants in your area.  In my practice we do both surgeries and the prosthetics afterwards, so there is no going between surgeons and restorative dentists.  But most places will refer you to a surgeon.  Make sure you get prices from your restorative dentist and the surgeon and decide on what type of prosthesis works for you.  There are many types. They can range from a bridge that has individual crowns, bridge that is one piece, removable dentures on top of implants, to just retentive implants with locators.  Prices will vary greatly on what you are planning to get.  Also prices and procedures will vary depending on how much bone and quality of bone you have.  

Hope this helps!

Nelson Lo, DDS
Plano Dentist

Am I A Good Candidate For Dental Implants?

To place a dental implant, you need enough of the right type of bone in the right location. In your case, I think a good first step would be to see a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. The surgeon will be able to use x-rays and or a cone beam CT to determine if you are to the point that you need implants and if there is enough bone to place them successfully. Even if you don't have enough bone, a surgeon can explain your options for bone grafting and could refer you to a good restorative dentist.

Paul D. Kantor, DDS
Cleveland Dentist