Sculpsure on saddle bags with metal femur?

I have pouches of fat "saddle bags" on my back outer thigh area. I am going to get sculpsure done next week on my hips and I am wondering if it is safe to get sculpsure on my saddle bags as well. I know it involves heat and I'm not sure if the proximity to the metal would cause an issue.

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. The proximity to metal should not cause an issue, however, your board certified facial plastic surgeon should have addressed this topic during your consultation. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure

Thanks for our question. There are no contraindications to sculpsure with body or metal implants. As one of the first adapters of sculpsure in the country, We have performed a number of saddle bag treatments and find them to be very effective. One difference between treating this area and others is that saddle bags tend to get more sore after sculpsure than other body parts. except about a week to 10 days of soreness and possible bruising.

best of luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Sculpsure and metal implants

There should not be any problems administering sculpsure in the presence of metal devices. I would definitely recommend placing the applicators greater that 4 cm away from any metal implant. Good luck!

Discomfort with SculpSure

Bones and metal objects (hip joints, knee joints, rods, screws, plates) do heat up during SculpSure treatments and can become uncomfortable.  It would be best to position the applicators away from these devices if possible during a SculpSure treatment.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Should be OK

The laser will not penetrate deep enough to pass through the muscles that overlay the rod in your femur.

SculpSure Treatment

You should not have any problem with doing SculpSure. There's a possibility that you may feel the heat more intensely if the metal area is directly under the treatment lasers, but this would not be a problem as your physician can work with you on the appropriate temp settings.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

No Worries

I would not expect any problems. The laser depth of penetration should not be anywhere close you your reach a hip replacement. However, always mention to your physician if you have had previous surgery in the location where SculpSure is going to be done. 

Sculpsure over saddle bags over hip replacement

You will be fine, The energy from the laser does not travel deep enough to reach the repalcedhip. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

I have a total hip replacement and i did sculpscure on my flanks

it should be no problem. i did my flanks with my total hip and i had no problem.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon