Scar Revision? and Lipo (Smart/ Traditional?) of Just Back? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck over 1yr ago. No lipo at the time and feel like I did not get the hour glass figure I was hoping for because of it. In addition I am not 100% happy with the way my scar turned out ("dogears") and pouch like dip in front, but not sure if requires an actual scar revision. I feel my belly is flat so I'm not sure i need lipo in that area, but I would like to be contoured to have more defension in my waist, and get rid of the back rolls with hopes it will also help the "dogears"

How to get the BEST WAIST possible!

You need a liposuction 360 from rib cage to pubis and front and BACK.   The type of liposuction is irrelevant.  A good liposuction surgeon can get a great result with any technology and a weak surgeon will get bad results regardless of technique.    I do not like smart lipo!    90% of the worlds liposuction is done with small cannula and no fancy technology.  The Vaser ultrasound system is nice but you do not need it to get a great result.   A great result is obtained world wide by trained and dedicated liposuction surgeons.   When you have surgery choose a real surgeon.  Real surgeons have FACS after their name indicating they had formal training and are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons. (FACS)   In addition, and very important, is choosing a surgeon  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.....ABPS.   Your scar does have dog ears and needs improved but just the liposuction will smooth it out.   Some surgeons do liposuction during tummy tucks and some do not.  Personally I prefer to do a safe but thorough liposuction of the abdomen at the time of the tummy tuck.   So that is what you need.  A thorough liposuction by an ABPS-FACS expert.  I wish you the best.   Dr C.

Additional lipo

Looks like doing the lipo around your lower abdoemn and back would serve you well.The dog ears are easy to correct at the time so I say go for it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Muffin Top Problems

It appears you had a  nice tummy tuck procedure, but your plastic surgeon forgot to take care of your "muffin top".  Women's fashions have changed and now we have low riding, hip hugging jeans that create a muffin top deformity on the hips.  This should have been addressed in your original tummy tuck.

Now, you have not only extra skin, but excess fat on your hips.  I would recommend a skin excision of the muffin top with aggressive liposuction of the hips, back and the abdomen/pubis area.  No drain will be needed and the recovery will be much quicker than the original tummy tuck.  Perhaps you can work a deal with your original plastic surgeon since he/she ignored this area to begin with!

Your post op result can also be improved with generalized body contouring such as Endermologie which we always include in all our body contouring procedures.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Without a doubt, Lipo is the answer

I love when a patient like you comes in for a consult because the next step in your transformation is aggressive body sculpting. I have reviewed your photos and laser assisted, powered-assisted liposuction of your upper and lower abdomen, flanks, and hips is the answer. I would anticipate at least 3 or more liters of fat removal. The boundaries would be from your rib cage to the public region and almost completely around belly from the belly button to back. This would bring out the hour-glass figure that is hiding underneath. Your dogears would smooth out as well.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Liposuction technology is not that important

Thank you for the question and the photos.   I agree with several of the answers already provided.  You are a good candidate for liposuction.  The technology is not as important as is the patient and surgeon.  You may need dog ear revision as well and this can be done at the same time.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Liposuction of the abdomen, hips and mid back areas can improve waistlines dramatically.

Liposuction of your hips(flanks) and mid back would be great but i think it should also be done to the abdomen to further enhance your waistline to make it look so good.  It can be done under local tumescent lipo and you'd be back to work in 2 days and in the gym in 1 week all for roughly $5-6,000 on special. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar revision? and liposuction

An exam in person would be essential to determine if you need liposcution of the sides and back or skin excision. The dog ears can be revised as well. Good luck.

Tumescent liposuction shapes waist and back.

It looks like liposuction will really help you.  I would treat the back (up and down), waist and love handles.  Dog ears can be revised at the same time.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tummy Tuck Scar Revision

Based on your pictures, I think you could achieve a nice result with lower back lipo and scar revision to your dog ears.  My suggestion would also be to have lipo to your abdomen as well to enhance the result you achieved with your abdominoplasty.  All of this you should discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Scar revision

Dog-ears are a localized skin problem and its most excess sin that will require revision. if youre seeking lipo on the back for the back rolls just make sure its not just lose skin and lax muscles but actual fat as the former will not improve with Liposuction.

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS