Scar from recent heart surgery; will I need a revision? (Photo)

I had a open heart surgery 20 days ago. I'm a professional model so my Surgeons agreed to do a less invasive procedure. The incision is on the left side of my breast. I'm of African decent and have a tendency to get hyper pigmented scars. I haven't been putting anything on them since the dressing came off just recently some aloe Vera. Any advice on what I should use to help it fade or will I need a revision?. I can feel the top part feels stiff under the skin. Thank you in advance.

Scar on Breast -- Laser, Microneedling, Medical Tattooing

I suggest using silicone based scar gels until the scar has healed. Lasers, medical tattooing and combination treatments can be used to improve scarring. I suggest you see an expert in lasers and scars. Best, Dr. Emer

Scar from recent heart surgery; will I need a revision?

Thank you for your question and I am happy to hear that all went well with your heart surgery.  Attached below is a link that offers you helpful information in minimizing the appearance of your scar, but be sure to discuss these with your heart surgeons to ensure that they do not see any issue with them.  Hope this helps.

After 6 months healing than you could consider scar revision with SRT therapies. Glad you are Ok from the heart surgery.

Scar on breast - lasers or microneedling

Glad to hear you are doing well after your heart surgery.  At our practice I recommend Vbeam last for all of my post operative patients as well as for scar therapy on older scars.  In addition, CO2RE shows great results on improving the appearance of scars.  For patients with darker skin tones we use Sublative Fractional RF as well as microneedling when necessary.
As as adjunct, I would recommend Skin Medica's Scar Recovery Gel in the evenings and BioCorneum "Advanced Scar Supervision" with SPF 30 in the day time.
Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Scar formation from open heart surgery

Surgical scar revision, Plato's Scar Serum, scar lasers, and IIT are most suitable for your scars at this point. Start early to avoid longterm scarring. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS