Not satisfied with BA and want to go smaller. Will I need a lift? (photo)

I had a BA a year ago and have not been satisfied with them since. It was unfortunately a rushed decision and I think they are too big for my small frame. I received 600cc under the muscle silicone implants leaving me with a size D/DD. Because of this big implant I'm also experiencing rippling and it seems like one breast is sitting lower than the other. Ideally I would like to be a full C. Would I have to get a lift in addition?

Downsizing implants

Based on your photos, I don't think you will need a lift even if you downsize. A more cohesive silicone gel (like in Natrelle's Inspira implants or in Sientra's silicone implants) will help minimize rippling. If you want a "perfectly" symmetric result, it may require a periareolar lift on one or both sides, but that is impossible to tell without an in person exam and difficult to know 100% until you are in surgery. Good luck. 

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Not satisfied with BA and want to go smaller. Will I need a lift?

Very hard to advise without seeing before posted photos. I bet you had asymmetry in the before? Thus the results with very large implants magnifies the asymmetries even if slight. I might reduce to 450 cc implants, with left donut lift of N/A to even out the levels, and possible fat grafts after 1 liter liposuction to gain better upper pole fill. Fee $8,000. Regards

Breast augmentation downsizing

It looks like you are a little asymmetric so that a lift on your right might help. Going down 200cc will bring you into a C cup area. Relax and enjoy your current body if possible. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Going down 100cc is likely possible with no lift just some internal capsule work. If yo go down too much then a lift needed. Breasts are a bit uneven with looks like a bit of breast asymmetry or pocket dissection asymmetry with may improve with next surgery. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing breast implant surgery concerns...

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  Certainly, downsizing of breast implants will be possible; your other concerns should be addressed at the same time. 
 Ultimately, careful communication of your goals will be critical; in my practice I find the use of goal photographs very helpful. Remember that terms such as "full C cup" may mean different things to different people.

Based on your photographs,  I do not believe that breast lifting would be necessary.  Whether or not adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy) and/or the use of additional supportive material such as acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh will be helpful  will depend on your physical examination and a careful consideration of your concerns/goals.  The dermis may also be helpful when it comes to "treatment" of breast implant rippling/palpability.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to "downsizing" cases, helpful to you as you consider options.  You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to correction of breast implant rippling concerns. Best wishes.