S/P BL with implant 4 days PO

My left Breast is larger than my right Breast and when I move I can hear fluid moving in it. I never had bruising or bleeding in my Breast. What should I do? What can be done about a fluid collection in the Breast?

Assymetry and Fluid Post-Op

Understanding the Healing Process

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the  initial surgical fee.

While it is within a week since your procedure you still have the right to take your questions and concerns to your surgeon and have the area examined to make sure everything is going well.

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post op Breast Lift with Implant

Hi and thanks for the question. If there is a significant size difference between your breasts you need to be seen by your ps ASAP to make sure that there is not blood or other fluid collecting that can cause problems with the circulation to your skin or other long term complications. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Audible Fluid after Breast Implant Placement

Thank you for your question. The first thing you should do is go see your surgeon. The fluid you hear is likely "sloshing". This happens when there is air within the saline inplant. It can reslove with time. However if you suspect a seroma or hematoma as the cause of your breast being larger it may require drainage. Contact your surgeon and see them to see what, if anything, needs to be done. 

Enrique Hanabergh, Jr., MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon