How can I know if it was truly Restylane that I had injected 7 years ago in my naso-labial folds?

Back in 2009 I was injected in my naso-labial folds supposedly with Restylane. In April 2016, I put some topic Hyaluronic Acid there and 3 days later the area was swollen and had bumps that were not there before. Sometimes gets better but others more swollen that I can't breathe comfortable. What can I do? How do I know if it was really Restylane that he injected me?

Needs a check

A call to your doctor will be necessary to determine if Restylane was injected.
The results from the original injection will likely be all gone.

Allergic Reaction?

Thank you for sharing your question. You probably are having an allergic reaction, but not likely to the Restylane. You should have comprehensive evaluation by your doctor. 
Good luck,

Reaction unlikely due to Restylane

Since your treatment was seven years ago, it is unlikely that this reaction is due to the filler that was injected at that time, especially if it was Restylane. However, you can contact the office where you were treated if you have any question of what product was used. I would probably seek a consultation with a dermatologist for an evaluation of your current skin problem. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane

The best way to know what was injected is to check the medical records.  The office where you were injected should have a copy of the records (florida law states 7 years).  As far as the hyaluronic acid topical causing bumps, it may be a contact dermatitis that you have developed.  When in doubt, it is never a bad idea to go see a dermatologist to ensure that nothing else may be causing a reaction to your skin. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane

Medical records are generally kept for about 7 years so the best way is to ask, but I am certain it has nothing to do with your current problem which may be a contact dermatitis to one of the ingredients in the product you are using. See a board certified dermatologist

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

How to find what was actually injected...

Thank you for your question.  In Florida, medical records must be kept for 7 years, so please request of your injecting physician a copy of your records and they should have the details of your injection.  The swelling and bumps you had may be due to a contact dermatitis so it is best to be evaluated by a board certified Dermatologist.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon