Is Restylane a good filler for lips & under eye lines?

I'm interested in getting my lips enhanced as well as lines under my eyes filled.My question is would restylane be a good filler for this & generally would I need a full syringe or possibly more to fill all of those areas?

Restylane for the tear troughs and lips?

Restylane is an excellent filler for the tear troughs and can be used in the lips as well, but its sister product Restylane silk is an ideal lip filler which gives very natural yet sensuous lips.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

In general terms I prefer Restylane Silk for tear troughs and lips. Up to 2 syringes might be needed. 

Restylane can help augment lips

Restylane and the newer Restylane Silk are hyaluronic acid gel fillers that are often used to augment lips and to fill undereye hollows. We have had great success with it at my practice. It is hard to say how much you would need without seeing you in person. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation.

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane can help augment lips

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips and Undereyes -- Many filler options avlb

there are many filler options avlb for these treatment areas. I love restylane silk to these areas, but others can be used. get cannula injections to limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane

Thanks for your question. Restylane Silk can be used to enhance the lips and Restylane works great for the tear troughs under the eyes.

Restylane

Restylane filler

Restylane filler is appropriate for injecting lips and the tear trough area; however, the most important part is the physician who is doing the injecting, not the filler.  Tear troughs are an advanced area to treat and an experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon will know which filler to use.  

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane filler

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Choice of filler for under the eyes and lips

I do think Restalyne can be a good choice. It is hard to discuss how much product you need, but in general lips and the area under the eye don't require a lot of product. Patients are really happy with the results. 

Other products are also good for the lips and area under the eyes. I personally like belotero or Restalyne silk. The difference in the fillers is how the molecules are crosslinked with each other and the concentration of the molecules. I think it can translate into a smoother look, less change of the filler being visible under the skin, and less swelling. The chance of the filler being visible can be higher under the eyes because of how thin the skin there is. We call the filler visible under the skin "Tyndel" which is a blue hue under the skin. 

Nowadays, there are many choices of fillers. Make sure to discuss pro and cons with your injector. 
Hope this helps!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hope this helps!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Restylane a good filler?

I use a lot of Restylane in my practice.  It does not cause as much swelling as Juvederm, which is beneficial in areas such as the tear trough (under the eyes) which tend to swell after treatment.  I like Restylane in the lips as well.  

Is Restylane a good filler?

Restylane and Fillers for nasolabial area and under eyes

Without a photo or in office consultation it is impossible to know how much product you will need.  Restylane is a great filler for both of these areas. There are many other fillers that work equally well and have to be selected based on the patient.