How can I regrow my hair? I have alopecia really bad, hair falls out in chunks. Is there something I can do surgery wise?(photo)

Surgery - never for chunks

There are many types of alopecia. Some can be treated with surgery some can not be treated with surgery. 

However, one rule is helpful - there is no patient anywhere at any time who can have surgery with hair loss falling out in chunks. Hair loss must be quiet and stable somewhat before any surgery can be performed. Some types of alopecia can not have surgery. I can't tell based on the photo what type of alopecia is present. 

How can I regrow my hair? I have alopecia really bad, hair falls out in chunks. Is there something I can do surgery wise?(

Thank you for your question. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated, To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss

your best bet is to have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, and discuss with you options available to you. typically we do not opt to transplant someone who still has active ongoing hair loss, we determine the cause and wait for it to stabilize before proceeding to surgery. there are other things that can be done in the meantime.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hair loss

It is difficult to tell from the photos just how much work you would need but a hair transplant would be a good solution for you

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair falls out in chunks

First you should find out reason for hair loss .. you should better to go a doctor ..Female pattern hair loss or genetic alopecia is the most common reason of hair loss in women and it is more common than it is thought to be. 25% of the women at the ages of 35-40, 50% of the women at the ages above 40 suffer from hair loss. 20% of the women with hair loss have a positive relative who suffered/is suffering from hair loss. Other reasons of hair loss are: Hypo- and hyper-tiroidism (hair loss may be one of the early signs of thyroid dysfunction, and hair loss stops after treatment); polycystic ovarian syndrome (an inherited ovarian disease, seen in 10% of the women during adulthood); pregnancy-related hormonal changes (temporary hair loss which can be seen during pregnancy stops after birth)..

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon