How can I further reduce my cheeks? (photos)

I had buccal fat removal 6 days ago, doc told me my swelling has already resolved in about 90%, so my results are pretty much definitive. Even though I see a nice improvement, I'm still bothered by my lower chubby cheeks (at the sides of my mouth) I want to achieve a sunken in, more chiseled look like in the photo I provide (I know as my face ages I will lose fat, but I want to look good now) How can I achieve this? Is there any procedure available like a lipo in this specific area? Thank you

Cheek Check--Add ThermiRF and Botox

The results form buccal fat pad reduction are sometimes visible within one month but usually take up to three months to really see the results. ThermiRF can be used to help tighten and shape the cheeks while Botox can be used to slim the jaw. See an expert in facial contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Thin cheeks

If you are at 6 days post-op you will still have some swelling.  The best way to get that look is to add volume above the mid cheek - up above the bone.  That will make the lower part of your face appear thinner. Don't try to take out fat from the lower part of the face.  You have minimal fat and will most likely end up with irregularities. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

I'm still bothered by my lower chubby cheeks (at the sides of my mouth) I want to achieve a sunken in, more chiseled look

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your chin is weak as are the mandibular angles and there is excess facial fat in front and below the cheeks.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  Liposuction of the lower face could be performed at the same time.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.