Recovery time for a smart lipo 12 areas + bbl?

I am trying to coordinate a date for surgery but I am extremely busy. I also have a child that starts school, I work plus also go to school. How much time would it take to recover to the point I am driving and able to walk?

Hi. You need to do a bit more homework on the liposuction techniques available. Smart Lipo or laser lipo is the one technique that IS NOT useful in harvesting fat for transfer. Unlike other techniques like SAL, PAL and UAL, the Smart Lipo laser energy simply destroys the fat cell, thus making it useless for transfer. Following a BBL you are looking at anywhere from 7-14 days before returning to work.

I have been in private practice in Miami for 30 years an have performed countless liposuctions and BBLs in what is considered a hot bed for Brazilian Butt Lifts.

You need to know that liposuction or for that matter re injecting fat is not the most technically challenging procedure for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Search for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgey with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. Look at unbiased reviews. Look at many before and after photos of the surgeon who will be doing your procedure. In South Florida, many clinics provide photos that do not necessarily represent the work to be performed by that particular surgeon. Real Self does a wonderful job of educating individuals considering cosmetic surgery. Avail yourself of this great service.

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. Many facilities can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Come see me for a personal consultation. I see all patients personally and our consultations are complimentary. I wish you the best on your journey. Good luck, Dr PG