Radio frequency treatment or tummy tuck?

Hi I'm only 24 years and had an 8.5lb baby via cesearean. My stretchmarks around my belly button really cleared up and I am happy with results. I have a bit of skin that lost it's elasticity. I did 4 radio frequency treatments and it seems to have worked a bit shld I continue or is this a tummy tuck case?

Should I do a tummy tuck operation, or continue with RF treatments for the abdomen?

It is nice to still be 24 yrs. old!  Unless you do not plan on expanding your family with another child or so,  I would stay with your current planned approach to trying to help with the abdomen.  I am very partial to having a tummy tuck if you have clearly decided not to imagine another pregnancy and have extra skin, but this may not be the suitable time yet.  Continue to consider your options, and good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  If your treatments have assisted your skin retraction after surgery to the point that you are pleased, there is no reason to pursue a more invasive procedure, like a tummy tuck.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

You may want to wait for a tummy tuck since you skin has healed well.  You have to consider the detriment of a lower abdominal wall scar.  Also, if you plan on having more children, you would not want to do the tummy tuck now.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Try the RF txt for unto 10 sessions to see if an improvement. The risks are the wasted tome and $$s and you could have had a TT and been recovered by that time you used the RF txt. But your choice....

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's impossible to comment accurately. Generally speaking, if you have excess  skin - it can be addressed surgically. 

Thank you for your question. It might be helpful to attach a few photos to your question so that we can give you more detailed recommendation. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD